- Create your own synthesis patch by connecting independent modules. These modules are either innovative modules we introduced (such as Galaxy) or taken from the best synthesizers ever made (such as the Moog Modular, the Yamaha CS-80, the Roland Jupiter-8, the Minimoog, the ARP 2600, the Oberheim SEM, the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 and Prophet VS).
- Alternatively, use an existing synthesizer recreation: the Minimoog, the Jupiter-8, the ARP 2600*, or the CS-80*
- Superb audio quality with TAE® engine in a hardware chassis. 24 bits/44.1 kHz supported.
- High-Quality Real time Effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Parametric EQ*, Bit Crusher*.
- 500 presets created by a selection of international sound designers
- 16/32 step advanced sequencer allowing you to program three sub-sequences at a time and to perform live.
- Multi mode allowing you to play 4 instruments at a time, for example a Minimoog, a Jupiter-8*, a modular patch and an ARP 2600*.
- Creative Macros, advanced LFO’s, innovative modulation sources, different Joystick modes.
- Advanced Preset browser.
- Analog Audio Connectivity: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs.
- Digital Audio: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Built-in expression pedal and footswitch control inputs
- MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- Also a MIDI controller offering 33 encoders, 21 potentiometers and 1 joystick
- Ergonomic hardware design and quality manufacturing in France and Germany.
- Origin lets you open dedicated software on your Mac and PC in the form of Origin Connection an ergonomic application allowing to archive preset, exchange data, upgrade firmware.
- 160 pages manual in English.
* To be delivered later on as a free upgrade
|Operating sampling frequency||44,1 kHz|
|Modes||Program / Multi|
|Sound generator||Sound generation system||TAE®|
Synth (modular structure):
|Effects||Number and types ofeffects||5 effects including: chorus, delay (stereo & ping pong), reverb, distortion, dual phaser|
|Structure of effects||3 effect slots per Program with serial and parallel structures|
|Step sequencer||Structure||Three 32 steps free assignable sub-sequences|
|Play modes||One shot, loop (forward, backward; forward and backward)|
|Arpeggiator||Play modes||Forward, backward, forward and backward, random|
|Programs||Number of Programs||1000 programs (400 Factory and 600 User Programs)|
|Program structure||1 synth modular or template (Minimoog) structure 3 effect slots 1 sequence|
|Multi||Number of Multis||256 (100 Factory and 156 User multis)|
|Multi structure and modes||Up to 4 Programs slots with Layering, split and MIDI multi modes|
|Controllers||21 potentiometers, 33 encoders, 1 joystick|
|Audio I/O connections||Audio inputs||2 audio inputs: 6.35 jacks|
|Audio outputs||1 headphone output: 6.35 stereo jack|
|2 main audio outputs: 6.35 balanced jacks|
|8 individual auxiliary outputs: 6.35 balanced jacks|
|Control inputs||1 foot controller and 1 footswitch controller (6.35 balanced jacks)|
|MIDI||IN, OUT, THRU connectors, USB 2 connector|
|Main screen||320x236 pixels LCD with 32,768 colors|
|Power supply||6.5VDC 3.85A|
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||482 x 290 x 87 mm|
Origin Connection platform specifications
- Windows: Windows XP*/Vista
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher and Universal Binary
- PC/Windows: 512 MB RAM; 1,5 GHz CPU
- Mac OS X : 512 MB RAM; 1,5 GHz CPU
- USB port required
* Origin Connection is fully compatible with Windows XP SP3. It is also compatible with Windows XP SP2 on monocore computer (without hyperthreading). Unfortunately, it encounters some troubles with SP2 dual-core or hyperthreading computers. This issue is due to a problem in Windows XP USB-midi driver. If you encounter this issue, the best way is to install windows XP SP3. Nevertheless, if you want to stay on SP2, you can install the new version of the USB-midi driver. This file is different for each language system. So if you can’t find the right one, please contact us to get it.