A Soft-eLicenser will not "survive" the MAC OS migration procedure when migrating (e.g. via Time Machine) your OS credentials from an old hardware to a new one. Symptome: Arturia Activation assistant brings "unknown error 1280" during activation process of a downloaded Analog Laboratory and eLc shows "Soft-Licenser deactivated". No activation of the product possible.
To solve the problem:
- Close all programs
- uninstall eLc using the eLc Controlcenter Uninstaller
- download this special version of eLc Controlcenter Installer/Cleaner: http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.dmg
- open disk image and start the eLc installer.
- you´ll be asked for username and password
- after the installation of this special eLc, your deactivated Soft-Licenser is removed and an active one is installed.
- restart Arturia activation