Bought the V-collection. Going to get a new MBP in the fall. I don't want to deal with a hardware dongle. If I'm understanding this thread and the KB info correctly, my options right now are:
- Wait until I get the new computer and use the soft licenser
- Buy the dongle, authorize with the dongle on my current computer and then use the soft licenser when I get the new computer
Is the second option really an option? Or if I use a the hardware dongle at any point is it really hardware-dongle-for-life? A little confused here.
Obviously, I'd rather not spend more money but at least with the second scenario I could a) use my shiny new not-cheap purchase now and b) have a hardware backup in case of machine failure.