March 29, 2024, 08:32:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 3 installation problems  (Read 3524 times)

gridsleep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection 3 installation problems
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »
I just installed the V Collection 3 in my Windows 7 x64 computer and ran into some problems.

After installation, the Wurlitzer V and Spark Vintage did not have desktop icons so I had to create those by hand.

The registration process did not work according to the instructions. I figured I would have to enter the authorization number into my eLicenser controller but the instructions said to enter into the space in the installer and select Finish, but that kept failing, so I went back and did it the eLicenser way and that worked. I tried the authorization in two of the new programs and it failed in each, so neither were communicating with the eLicenser database very well.

Three of the synths, ARP2600, Mini V, and Modular V kept popping up an error window on launch before opening themselves, saying that they could not write to their "standalone.settings" file which is supposed to be in the Program Files (x86)\Application Data folder. Turns out the new v3 installer was looking for folders with no space in the name, i.e. arp2600v2, while the standalone.settings file was actually in ARP2600 V2. I had to copy the files for those synths by hand to get them to work without popping up an error on start.

Finally, I assumed that buying the V Collection 3 would mean I would be getting Version 3 versions of all the software. It turns out that I already have installed the latest versions of nearly all of it under my V2 license, so all I got for my $100 was the Wurlitzer V, Spark Vintage, Analog Lab, and Analog Laboratory. To tell you the truth, I feel kind of used. Like I was led to believe one thing and ended up with another. Even with the big discount, had I known I was just paying again for all the software I already had, I don't think I would have snapped at the deal. I can live without a Wurlitzer piano, I have hardware and software drum machines, and Analog Factory so Lab and Laboratory are kind of redundant. Putting a big V3 on the package was misleading, considering none of the literature or web info indicated the version numbers of each program. I would think that for a customer who already has eight of the programs (including the Analog Factory) it might have been nice to throw in, say, a discount for a Minilab keyboard. In leiu of all the new software that actually did not come with the V Collection 3 package. Seriously, had I known, I would not have bought it. What I got is not worth $100 to me, simply enough.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:11:14 pm by gridsleep »

Dav1d

Re: V Collection 3 installation problems
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:42 am »
Just to make sure, the V-Coll 3 contains:

Mg Modular V -- Not Able to Write: "standalone.settings" ==> check this folder: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\MgModularV2
    CS-80V
    Mini V -- Not Able to Write: "standalone.settings" ==> check this folder: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Mini V
    ARP 2600V -- Not Able to Write: "standalone.settings" ==> check this folder: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\arp2600v2
    Prophet-V
    Jupiter-8V
    Analog Laboratory
    Spark VDM -- DeskTop icon creation have not work ==> permission issues on the Desktop, Ok for Now ?
    Oberheim
    Wurlitzer -- DeskTop icon creation have not work==> permission issues on the Desktop, Ok for Now ?
    Analog Lab

For the registration,
1. Update your eLicenser Control Center from <http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html>
2. Launch the eLicenser Control Center
3. Click on the "Enter Activation Code" button on the interface
4. Enter the code
==> [[XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX]]
click Next
5. Download the license on the Soft-eLicenser (or preferably USB-eLicenser)
6. Launch the synthesizer in standalone mode to check everything runs just fine

If for any reason the license download was interrupted, please use the "Maintenance" button on the eLicenser Control Center interface.

PM me if still problems

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines