March 28, 2024, 04:32:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The NEW version 2.0 THREAD!!!  (Read 27510 times)

omissis

Re: The NEW version 2.0 THREAD!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 08:34:23 pm »
Hi el-folie
Quinto Sardo is a nice guy, drop him an email, the SKBow has the zero-relative, I remember I suggested this feature to Quinto, quite some years ago.

The ribbon in the original works like that: when you put your finger on it, the "on" message is generated and buffered as the zero, so as long as you have the first finger on the ribbon that will be the zero; if you put another finger on, the result will be the pitch shift which is 0 +/- the actual position of the second finger, here is why you can do trills; being so there is no glide between the two positions. SKBow has this function as a hardware implementation which obviously should be trimmed with the midi message you've got then.
Of course keep in mind that the ribbon is a completele integrated feature within the CS80 so it reacts also according to the KAS assignment, therefore you can make special effects when using the ribbon together with Sustain 1 or 2, getting different results at that point.

Arturians will be releasing this famous version 2.0; I really hope they will succeed; I'm not the one to tell them where to go, they do have a real CS80 in house so they can do these measurements on their own.
They should implement the KAS logic which is hard to understand; it took me a lot of time , as I'm not a technician or else; once they will implement it , lots of problems and bugs will be taken out as a consequence.

As for the filters: you know, when the HPF is full on the sound disappears because you cut the basses, so why a preset like FUNKY3 does not cancel the sound into the sweep, even with AL at full?
Come on, it's not hard at all.
Max

a CS-80Vist

el-folie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 12:39:40 am »
Hi Max,

thanks for the explanations about the ribbon - I had the exact same thoughts about how a midi interpretation of that behaviour could be realized. I started a request in the tech forum, so maybe Arturia will have an eye on it.

Okay, I checked the FUNKY3 preset and itīs just like you said. But when turning AL all the way up (and of course switching the unfiltered >sine< off) the sound cancels completely in the sweep on my v1.6 CS80V. I never played a real one though - so itīs hard for me to tell what it could be that you mean but Iīd be still curious to know.

slammah2012

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 06:03:28 am »
you can play trills on a continuum.....
A continuum uses the pitch bend function on its X axis

omissis

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:24 am »
How **much** is a Continuum fingerboard?

Sorry, I couldn't resist
 ;D
Max

a CS-80Vist

el-folie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 01:06:33 pm »
>continuum< Yes, perfectly right - but itīd be much better/easier/versatile to just let Arturia implement a relative midi mode for ribbon pitch control...

Hoping... :) 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines