April 25, 2024, 08:34:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why no more Receptor Support from Arturia?  (Read 8832 times)

hybernation

Why no more Receptor Support from Arturia?
« on: November 20, 2005, 02:00:56 am »
According to Muse, "Arturia is no longer interested in supporting receptor at all and have withdrawn the CS80V....".

I'm VERY VERY disappointed.  I bought Modular Mg V at full price, then later upgraded to the entire Vintage Collection.  Even though the CS80V for Receptor was FULL PRICE (no "Cross-Grade price" like ALL other Receptor supporters) I was CONSIDERING it.

Then I got my Receptor, and there was NO demo CS80V installed....seems Arturia decided to no longer support Receptor (see quote above).

WHY WHY WHY.  This is an EASY way for Arturia to make money.  MiniMg V ROCKS and would be excellent on Receptor.  I have had to go with Minimonsta instead (and for a very reasonable $29 cross-grade price I might add).

But there is NOTHING like the CS80V and I would like it on my receptor.

WHY WHY WHY?  It doesn't make any sense to abandon part of your customer base this way!

WHY?

omissis

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 03:51:08 pm »
SOunds strange to me...I believe that supporting Receptor can be a valid way of promotioning Arturia other than contributing to the evolution of virtual instruments. I'm disappointed this happens within CS-80V which I think is the best among Vintage Legacy and perhaps one of the most underrated synths among this collection....ok, unless this means something big for the CS-80V is going to happen.....???Yes???????? :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Max

a CS-80Vist

hybernation

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 07:15:35 pm »
Well, I Completely agree with you about the CS80V and your first point.

As far as "something big happening", well I heard a rumour from a music store salesman (who is usually pretty reliable) that went something like this:

"Arturia's next major Vintage things will be like the Korg Legacy Collection, tied to some kind of Hardware Interface, and hence tied to one computer".

Don't know how true this is.

Hoping someone from Arturia will visit this thread and comment on both this rumour and the withdrawel of Receptor support.

omissis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:42:21 am »
[ Drooling like a hungry dog..... ]

I can't believe it.....so there is EVEN THIS CHANCE (rumoured) !!!!!!!

Guys, now the ball is to you.....confirm or refute ???
Max

a CS-80Vist

slammah2012

The Origin obviously
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 05:49:19 am »

It is a real toss up....The Receptor only has 2 outputs and 2 inputs...and you have to purchase licences for software
to convert Synths you already own into muse versions....
I would love if the Origin could adopt 3rd party software like String Studio and PianoTeq onto its platform...
perhaps a future consideration Arturia?

The Muse has ADAT optical out, but only uses 2 of the 8 ADAT channels...All mixing of 16 instruments is done internally...
for full sound manipulation, hook up mouse keyboard and Monitor as the 4 front knobs aren't  enough to grab and tweak...
And I can not find any info on Muse and its polyphony....
The Origin is 32 voice...Both can be interfaced with the Computer

The origin keyboard definately has more control features
and comes with the Software loaded...

The Origin Keyboard  has 10 outputs and 2 inputs, Ribbon,5 octave Aftertouch Keybed,
 Joystick/ control knob surface and 5 inch colour screen...and you get All the Arturia Softsynths
 on board in a modular form
Price: $3499

Receptor Pro : Receptor PRO has almost five times more hard disk space than a
standard Receptor and a processor that is 33% faster than the base model......
Price: $2,899.00
(Monitor,Control surface/mouse/qwertykeys/5 octave keyboard and software not included...)

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 09:09:09 am »
wow  :shock:
thx for the promotion!
Vincent
DSP Arturia

slammah2012

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:33 pm »
This was more of a comparison....
I declare the Origin the winner in my opinion.....

It would be nice if third party SW could run on it as in the Muse piece,with all those origin  "outputs" available, but I "believe" the Origin is not "Hard drive"equipped....is it???

nudge nudge.....Are the 8 Origin outputs "L/R  outs" for each of the 4 instruments and the main out a mix of these with Master FX??? wink wink

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 03:30:05 pm »
It would be nice if third party SW could run on it as in the Muse piece,with all those origin "outputs" available...

Actually it won't be possible, as Origin is not a plugin host...

but I "believe" the Origin is not "Hard drive"equipped....is it???

you're right...

nudge nudge.....Are the 8 Origin outputs "L/R outs" for each of the 4 instruments and the main out a mix of these with Master FX??? wink wink

right again!  :)
Vincent
DSP Arturia

slammah2012

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:43:42 am »
Vincent,
........Buddy 8)

I would realy love to read the Origin manual pdf....
You know I am going to buy one, it would be cool to see an advance PDF copy, to get a hands on feel around the unit......( even if it isnt written in stone)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines