March 28, 2024, 07:59:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Calibrating CV out?  (Read 5937 times)

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Calibrating CV out?
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »
Using minibrute with a Synthesizers.com modular system and I don't even get an octave of accurate tracking.  :( Anyone calibrated the CV output successfully?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Calibrating CV out?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »
Hi
How much is the drift, in cents by octave?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 07:08:49 pm »
Hey, Bruno - I'll actually track it with a tuner tonight if it. Over the course of one octave, it was off by more than a third by the time I got to the top note of the octave - so like, over 500 cents. 

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:29:27 pm »
So....it scaled perfectly last night with absolutely no change to the patch or anything. I left it set up as it was and went back to test and...perfect scaling. No idea!  ;D

christopherwholland

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:10:16 am »
I ran into an issue with CV pitch tracking when connecting my Minibrute to my modular. Seems like there is no information on how to calibrate the Minibrute so here is what I did.

First off you will need a tiny flathead screwdriver. Look at the back of your synth and you will see two tiny holes above the gate source switch. The one nearest the audio output is the "offset" trim and the other is "slope".

Now set the gate open so the synth holds a tone and hit a C key (C1) and check the pitch with your tuner.
Once you have it in tune hit the C key (C2) one octave up.

If the pitch is off you will need to calibrate.
If it is sharp you are going to be turning the Offset trim clockwise and the Slope trim counter clockwise.
If it is flat you will be doing the opposite.

Now for the adjustments.
Turn your Slope trim while playing the C2 and bring it into tune.
Then switch back to C1 and bring it back into tune with the Offset pot.
Keep repeating this until both notes are in tune. You should be able to go a few octaves higher and still be in tune.

If while you are doing this your pitches keep getting further out of tune you are turning your trimpots the wrong way.

Hope this helps and if I got anything wrong here please feel free to correct me.
This is just what I figured out through trial and error but it worked for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines