March 28, 2024, 07:29:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any way to lower CPU load  (Read 15909 times)

Mr. Anxiety

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Any way to lower CPU load
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:01:28 pm »
When using just the 2600 & CS-80 on my P3  1.8 Ghz amchine,

it pushes the CPU to around 65%, and the output of my Forte Vst Host starts distorting, even with the levels fairly low.

Anyway to lower the CPU load using these plug-ins. I'm not even in Multi mode.

Thanks,

JVT
Win Xp SP1 P4 3.2Ghz  2 gig ram
Forte Vst Host  Echo Gina Audio Card
MidiOverLan

max cooper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 02:53:35 pm »
Maybe it's an obvious one, but any soft clipping that's engaged will suck down more CPU.

Mr. Anxiety

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:51:19 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I'm not clear where Soft Clipping would be, on the sound card, or something in the plug-in itself?

Mr. A.
MidiOverLan

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:43:59 pm »
I dunno if you're still around, but it's located in two places.  The white button adjacent the mixer through which you're running your tone, and another one, also in the form of a white button, on each of the VCA panels.

Good luck!
[/I]

Mr. Anxiety

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 09:13:49 pm »
I'm still around. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out upon my return.

Mr. A.
MidiOverLan

Ted Perlman

• http://www.tedperlman.com
Re: Any way to lower CPU load
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:29:10 pm »
Quote from: "Mr. Anxiety"
When using just the 2600 & CS-80 on my P3  1.8 Ghz amchine, it pushes the CPU to around 65%,

The CPU usage of Arturia's plugins has always been WAY TOO HIGH! I cannot use the Prophet on my dual 4400/2gb ram AMD machine because only ONE instance of it uses about 40% of the CPU. Add the Arp 2600 in and I'm finished. On a normal session I can have BFD, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Atmosphere, Kontakt, EZ Drummer, FM7, B4, etc. all running without sending Nuendo's CPU meter over 50%. The only two Arturia instruments that DON'T take up too much CPU is the Mini Mg V and the Analog Factory. Arturia really needs to address this issue because some of use DO NOT print our audio unless necessary. Arturia are more concerned with dumping some of their pro users like myself for bullshit reasons rather than addressing the long-standing issues that need to be fixed.

Mr. Anxiety

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 07:59:38 pm »
Although my approach is of a different tone than Ted's, I do agree that it is extremely difficult to use the Arturia plugs I really like, i.e. 2600 & CS-80 for my film projects, since I can never predict whether they will not overload my CPU on my very powerful PC computer. I, like Ted, can run a bucketload of other companie's plug ins to create my scores, but as soon as I try to do a bass sequence with a pad from the CS-80, with not much else going, I'm out of power. Not Good.

Francois, please help us out. We like your plugs, let us use them!!!!

JVT
Los Angeles
MidiOverLan

Ted Perlman

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:32:40 pm »
We like your plugs...

...but we despise you and your coworkers - except for Vincent T!

Arturia - excellent VSTi's made by people with no morals, backbone, or integrity.

Ted Perlman

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 11:34:34 pm »
...it is extremely difficult to use the Arturia plugs I really like, i.e. 2600 & CS-80 for my film projects

Try Analog Factory. It wasn't until I got that instrument that I was able to successfully integrate the CS80 (my favorite) into my recordings without having to freeze tracks.

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 02:15:08 pm »
I'll say it again, it should be obvious that they're not going to respond to verbal attacks.  It's also obvious that a $200 piece of software is not going to be a more stable emulation of a notoriously unstable multi-thousand dollar piece of equipment.  

So unless you're prepared to threaten them with big wads of cash and a commission, you're wasting your dexterity going on and on about how unethical they are.  It's just the way it is for now.
[/I]

Ted Perlman

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:22:20 pm »
Quote from: "overState2007"
I'll say it again, it should be obvious that they're not going to respond to verbal attacks

They didn't respond to private emails for six months that were not agitated at all. They simply decided to not respond to anything I wrote to them, and this was BEFORE I got pissed off. I really think they don't like Americans very much. And other groups...

It's also obvious that a $200 piece of software is not going to be a more stable emulation of a notoriously unstable multi-thousand dollar piece of equipment

Oh no, mon cher, you are mistaken. Arturia's VSTi's are EXTREMELY stable, they just use up an inordinate amount of CPU compared to other VSTi's out there. It's like owning a French Citron automobile but it uses twice as much gas as a Mercedes or BMW. And the car dealer is a sleeze who doesn't even want to deal with your kind in the first place.

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 01:54:20 pm »
Then make you own plugin, buddy.
[/I]

Ted Perlman

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 08:21:33 pm »
Then make you own plugin, buddy.

If I did, I would embrace and welcome any users who work at a pro level in many differing types of music. Not make up lies about them and antagonize them.

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »
Well, they don't.

Does going around this forum singing their curses make you happy?  You seem more interested in squandering bandwidth thinking of new ways to vilify these people.  Doesn't that get tiresome?  I hated Phil Collins, but I managed to find better things to do on the internet than go to his fansites and badmouth him gratuitously.  

The plain fact is, your name on these boards may serve as an overture to yet another diatribe on how Arturia is made up of the scum of humanity, and why you refuse to enjoy their products, but it doesn't explain why you refuse to simply take your business elsewhere.
[/I]

Ted Perlman

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:45:35 am »
...why you refuse to enjoy their products, but it doesn't explain why you refuse to simply take your business elsewhere.

You really don't understand, do you?

I love and use ALL of their products. I just wanted to let whoever was interested know what lowlifes the people behind the company are. Henry Ford was an anti-Semitic dickhead, but he made great cars. Nixon was a paranoid and depressed man but (IMHO) a great president. Emagic/Logic unceremoniously dumped 100,000 Logic Windows users, but nobody can dispute that Logic is a brilliant and amazing software.

It "be's that way" sometimes :-)

BTW, I love Phil Collins' music and recordings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines