March 28, 2024, 06:56:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why do people hate dongles so much ?  (Read 28215 times)

omissis

Why do people hate dongles so much ?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 10:36:11 pm »
Gilles isn't working anymore for Arturia, AFAIK...
About the demo I think you have to write to the support mail  :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Didz@dron

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »
Gilles has left Arturia, too sad ... He and Frederic Brun are Arturia's creators. Anyhow, I wish him good luck in his career. I hope JMB is still here making some good presets for our beloved synths. At the moment, the various debates regarding the prophet on KvR are getting worse and worse, that's insane in some way. Ok, the dongle may be a problem for some users but damn, the way the guys speak of the sound demo's really piss me off. Why such killing words ?  :roll:
d(*O*)b

omissis

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 12:23:33 am »
Because they have fun themselves this way........ :?
I'm not sure about Gilles, JMB is still there though!!!
KVR is full of moralists who will argue with a company if they put a dongle as a copy protection but , at the same time, don't dislike to warez their things or elsehow, they dream to live forever with freewares....I'm not that kind of guy, I'll make a criticism about the actual way of Arturia because I want this company to go on, that's all....
Max

a CS-80Vist

GeeBee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 02:43:58 pm »
I never got a warez synth but I hate dongle.
I think it's a bad thing and as some people say, maybe they will loose some customers.
Brass, prophet... that's not what I was waiting for. Finally I bought Reaktor who offers some good recreation of vintage synth (Equinoxe synth is good for Jarre strings type). I found emulations of Arp Odissey, Axxe, Omni, Quadra :), SH 101, Synthi, and some others...
Maybe I will definitely stay on Reaktor.
be creative

Didz@dron

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:20 pm »
To be honest I'd like to go reaktor too but I'm afraid it may be hard for me to create my ensembles  :oops:
d(*O*)b

omissis

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 03:19:18 pm »
I'll buy the Prophet and , since I'm a registered user, I'll take advantage of the offer, dongle or not..
Max

a CS-80Vist

omissis

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 03:27:21 pm »
Quote from: "Didz@dron"
To be honest I'd like to go reaktor too but I'm afraid it may be hard for me to create my ensembles  :oops:

Reaktor has the dongle too :wink: .... to tell the truth I'm familiar with that program since the past times of Generator which I bought used and always was frightened by the floppies, it is a powerful program but you need to get used to it, after you get it , you'll any more be able to catch the horizon of the possibilities...!!! For the moment I'll stick with my beloved CS80(V) and in some days, mr.Prophet...anyway I think I'll register the Prophet on its key and, eventually , the CS80 on a spare key, I can't allow myself to loose two synthesizers by loosing (or having stolen) one single key :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Didz@dron

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 03:31:01 pm »
So will I. I've been trying the demo and wow, it rocks the house I must admit  :P KvR afficionados had better buy a dongle to play it a little instead of posting the same complaints over and over  :shock:
d(*O*)b

GeeBee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »
no dongle for reaktor, only serial number and registering on the NI website. ;)
No need to create your own instrument... you can download lots of them made by others ;) or simply use the ones included with the software.
and it sounds very good for me.
be creative

Didz@dron

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 03:37:52 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"
Quote from: "Didz@dron"

Reaktor has the dongle too :wink: .... to tell the truth I'm familiar with that program since the past times of Generator which I bought used and always was frightened by the floppies, it is a powerful program but you need to get used to it, after you get it , you'll any more be able to catch the horizon of the possibilities...!!! For the moment I'll stick with my beloved CS80(V) and in some days, mr.Prophet...anyway I think I'll register the Prophet on its key and, eventually , the CS80 on a spare key, I can't allow myself to loose two synthesizers by loosing (or having stolen) one single key :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'll buy the prophet before. Regarding the dongle, I'll use the only one I have. I never move from here so I can't lose it or get robbed of it, at least I think so. By the way, isn't it possible to tranfer the data from one key to another ?
d(*O*)b

omissis

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 03:42:41 pm »
Absolutely not....apart from the fact that the chip is physically flashed when you register the product , you should understand why the same licence can't be transfered by the user :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Only if you happen to break it you must return it to Arturia and they will eventually make the transfer
Max

a CS-80Vist

pmwaring

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 07:23:31 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"
I'll buy the Prophet and , since I'm a registered user, I'll take advantage of the offer, dongle or not..

Me too,

However, I cannot seem to buy the Prophet V using the special offer as it says one of my plugins isn't registered, which it is, as firstly I have the "registration successful" emails and secondly if I try to re-register I am told my serial numbers are already in use.

I have emailed tecnical support as suggested to see if they can help.

Paul.

EDIT: I managed to sort out my difficulties. The instructions say to enter First Name, Surname and then the Serial Number into each field. In fact all you need to do is enter the respective serial numbers.

omissis

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:29 pm »
Heh, I'm not so convinced this much to buy the Prophet V immediately ...the offer is valid if you have registered ALL 4 $YNTHE$IZER$ SEPARATELY!!!!! I'll wait if a store places it at a lower price than the plain retail price.... :cry:
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 09:56:25 pm »
I didn't know about any offer for people who registered 4 vst's
separately, and the problem it's I bought Prophet V full price :evil:  :evil:
VCollection 8

pmwaring

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 10:41:34 pm »
Quote from: "poropat"
I didn't know about any offer for people who registered 4 vst's
separately...

Neither did I until omissis mentioned it in this thread. I would have thought that Arturia may have let those of us who have registered all four plugins know about the deal via email.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines