April 20, 2024, 12:19:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hard Sync Bugs  (Read 2524 times)

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hard Sync Bugs
« on: March 21, 2006, 02:34:54 am »
It seems everyday I use MMV I'm running into more bugs.  I don't know if Arturia reads these posts or just ignores people's findings, but I'm not understanding whether the following two hardsync problems are bugs or just overlooked sloppiness.

1) The Sine wave can't be hardsync'd.  I don't understand why.  All the other waveforms can be.  But the sinewave seems to be totally separate almost as if it's a different oscillator altogether.  As in all hardware synths, the sinewave can be hardsync'd just as any other waveform can be.

2) Only one osc can be hardsync'd to a master osc.  Try to sync a second osc to the same source as the first and the first loses sync and you get bizarre clicking and sometimes discordant sounds in the second osc you sync, kind of sounding a bit like softsync but not quite.  Again, I don't see any reason why more than one osc can't be sync'd so a source osc.  And if it can't be, Arturia should have a more graceful way of simply disabling the first sync'd osc and replace it with the second one, as opposed to just screwing things up as it currently does.

-Elhardt

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines