March 29, 2024, 05:24:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet models don't work on my system  (Read 2296 times)

GravityJim

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet models don't work on my system
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:34:15 pm »
I've tried and tried and tried to get some kind of response out of the crap technical support offered by Arturia (and yes, I'd been warned, but I stupidly bought the damn product anyway), so I'm going to try posting something here, even though this forum looks dead as a doornail, too.

I own and really liked the Analog Player software, asked Arturia and members of this forum repeatedly if it would be released in a 64-bit mode, never got an answer from anybody and so I decided to go ahead and buy Analog Laboratory so I could use the nice Arturia synths in a 64-bit host (Digital Performer and Logic Pro).

From the first day, the Prophet models have been unusable... They either trigger late, trigger with a horrible distorted transient on the attack, produce a distorted attack transient but no note, etc.  it does not matter which host, it does not matter which MIDI device I use to trigger them, and yes, before you ask the only response I ever got from Tech Support, IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM IN STANDALONE MODE.  I've already tried re-downloading and re-installing from the slowest server imaginable, but that didn't help.

So, just in case anyone ever reads this... has anyone experienced this problem?  It is just the Prophet models, which comprise a large part of the instrument.  I've asked for my money back from Arturia, but I am not expecting to ever get a response from them, so... Does anybody here know anything?

Also, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, as you folks (if there are any n this forum, that is) already know this... But Arturia has THE WORST TECH SUPPORT ON THE PLANET.  I'm a professional user with 20 years experience, and I've done dharma battle with dozens of software companies but Arturia beats them all for complete uncaring lack of response.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:41:51 pm by GravityJim »

kgdrum

Re: Prophet models don't work on my system
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:25:55 am »
I've tried and tried and tried to get some kind of response out of the crap technical support offered by Arturia (and yes, I'd been warned, but I stupidly bought the damn product anyway), so I'm going to try posting something here, even though this forum looks dead as a doornail, too.

I own and really liked the Analog Player software, asked Arturia and members of this forum repeatedly if it would be released in a 64-bit mode, never got an answer from anybody and so I decided to go ahead and buy Analog Laboratory so I could use the nice Arturia synths in a 64-bit host (Digital Performer and Logic Pro).

+1

I'm also dissatisfied with no support or responses from ,I started a tech support ticket over 3 weeks ago.i filled out the support form with all of the required information,I received a reply asking me for my system specs which I gave again and have never heard back again.
I bought the V-Collection and 1 patch I'm trying to use in a song:
Funk 4A in Analog Laboratory which is arpeggiated starts when you play the first note but will not stop once it's engaged,even if you stop the sequence.
I've asked tech support if there's a control for this I've overlooked or something I can do to control this arppegio and they don't respond.
After not hearing back I've sent tech support requests 3 more times about this issue and it's never been answered since.
It's a shame I bought all of the synths which I like but it seems Arturia doesn't care about customers once they have your money $$$!
I posted about this in the forum 2 days ago trying to create a new topic,the post was marked waiting for approval and now it's dissappeared ,gone!
I sent a pm to David the tech support moderator here and it hasn't been answered in 2 days.

This company makes nice products but this is the worst tech support I've ever seen!
Like Gravity Jim I've been doing this for many years,I'm also a DP/Mac user.
Is there anyone with Arturia tech support that helps actual clients who already purchased?
Companies with this kind of attitude and poor customer service usually leads to decreased sales ,bad reputations and a companies ultimate demise.
Companies that ignore real clients who ask for assistance,delete forum posts and ignore pm's deserve a bad reputation they're creating.
Arturia Is there anyone who cares to respond?

No customer service + no tech support = Arturia bad rep getting worse everyday.

From the first day, the Prophet models have been unusable... They either trigger late, trigger with a horrible distorted transient on the attack, produce a distorted attack transient but no note, etc.  it does not matter which host, it does not matter which MIDI device I use to trigger them, and yes, before you ask the only response I ever got from Tech Support, IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM IN STANDALONE MODE.  I've already tried re-downloading and re-installing from the slowest server imaginable, but that didn't help.

So, just in case anyone ever reads this... has anyone experienced this problem?  It is just the Prophet models, which comprise a large part of the instrument.  I've asked for my money back from Arturia, but I am not expecting to ever get a response from them, so... Does anybody here know anything?

Also, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, as you folks (if there are any n this forum, that is) already know this... But Arturia has THE WORST TECH SUPPORT ON THE PLANET.  I'm a professional user with 20 years experience, and I've done dharma battle with dozens of software companies but Arturia beats them all for complete uncaring lack of response.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines