March 28, 2024, 08:09:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lfo rate when set to 'Arpeg' too fast  (Read 3332 times)

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Lfo rate when set to 'Arpeg' too fast
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:40:57 am »
Hi Bruno,

Would you be able to allow a slower lfo rate when the lfo clock toggle is set to 'Arpeg'?

I'd like much slower rates that allow slow evolving synced filter sweeps (e.g. 2 or 4 bars length). Maybe the LFO speed could also be set to change in relation to the arpeg step rate (currently it doesn't change)?

Thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:44:00 am by jooechip »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Lfo rate when set to 'Arpeg' too fast
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:10:03 am »
Hi,
When the Lfo is clock synced to the arpeggiator, when you dial FLO Rate knob, that will set LFO rate to 4, 2, 1, 1/2 or 1/4 of the Arp Tempo.
Either you haven't noticed that already, either I didn't understood your request.
I didn't added more subdivisions, because it would have made it to difficult to find (very narrow) when dialing the Rate knob.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »
When the Lfo is clock synced to the arpeggiator, when you dial FLO Rate knob, that will set LFO rate to 4, 2, 1, 1/2 or 1/4 of the Arp Tempo.
Either you haven't noticed that already, either I didn't understood your request.

Thanks for the reply,

I did notice the LFO is stepped at 5 points. However, the lowest speed setting is still too fast in my opinion. It certainly doesn't sound like it's 1/4 of the tempo.

Joe

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »
please take into consideration the fact that the saw rate is twice the other waveform rate, so for the saw it's 8, 4, 2, 1, 1/2
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines