March 28, 2024, 06:46:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ProphetV: the users' reviews ( NO DONGLE TALK, HERE )  (Read 4718 times)

omissis

ProphetV: the users' reviews ( NO DONGLE TALK, HERE )
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:27:17 pm »
Hi guys
Since I'm sick of a month of useless debates of people claiming for the dongle problem I want to eventually read some extensive and detailed review made from the users themselves, to compare with those about to appear on magazines. Can anyone talk about:

Installation

CPU performance

Qualityof the software ( adeherance of the emulation )

Quality of the single coponents ( VCOs, VCFs, envelopes, etc. )

Overall quality of the sound

And, last warning

PLEASE!!!Keep yourself restrained from posting here about you like/dislike the dongle c/protection, help me keeping this thread clean!
Max

a CS-80Vist

Man-Machine

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:09:37 pm »
I'm also really interested in a side by side comparison with the real thing. I personally have a Pro-One, not a Prophet 5, so I'm not sure if it would be a fair comparison. Creamware has also released the hardware version of their Prophet 5 plug in, which I have. I was going to make some comparisons but  Arturia's demo already expired on me...
L8er Osci8ers

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:41:54 am »
Hi guys.

The installation went smooth here. But I have installed a lot of other SyncroSoft protected software in the past.
I CAN understand people saying it's difficult, but it's definetely not impossible ! It will require you reading the installation manual :-)

The CPU performance is good. It seems to be a little less hungry than, for instance, the CS-80V. But I am not on my DAW right now so I am not 100% sure on this.
I am on a dualcore system so there is some CPU power to take from. But it doesn't seem particularly more or less hungry than the other Arturia plugins.

This is probably one of the best emulations I've ever heard. And I've heard a lot. Compared to my NI Pro-53 this one is a lot more accurate sounding. And the sound is a lot fatter. Not that I don't like the Pro-53, but the emulation is not as good as the Prophet V. I understand there are several generations between the two, so ...

I actually thought the Prophet V's Prophet 5 emulation was boring at first. Then it hit me; it sounded JUST like an analog synth. Dry and clean. That's why I didn't like it much.

I have never owned a SCI Prophet 5 (though I've had other SCI synths like the Prophet VS and the SixTrak). The Prophet VS emulation is scaringly close to the original. I haven't been able to hear any differences. Again I don't have the Prophet VS anymore so my memory may not serve me well.

At first I didn't like the Prophet V much.
Now I believe it's the best of the Arturia emulations mostly due to the real analog feel and sound of the synths included. Though I like the Mg Modular V almost just as much.

KennethA

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines