March 19, 2024, 10:56:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I can't get spark to play my external instrument  (Read 2937 times)

rodanmusic

I can't get spark to play my external instrument
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:18:24 am »
Hi,

I can't get spark start and stop to start my Yamaha AN200.  I can sort of get it set up and playing but it is way off on the timing.  I know there is the selector that lets you change that setting, but If I start Spark's transport and the an200 is playing when I go into the audio midi settings to adjust the timing, the AN200 hangs and I have to restart spark to get it playing the AN200 sequencer again.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm on midi channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the AN200 and I have it set up to receive messages including start and stop.    I use it like this all the time in my DAW, but I wanted to try it in standalone with Spark.  I also did exactly what the guy in that minibrute + spark video said to do and same thing.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:45:43 pm by rodanmusic »

The01Habiitat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: I can't get spark to play my external instrument
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:46:04 pm »
i think it can only sync the clock. i dont think spark can send midi data such as note, cc, aftertouch, etc. out of it. i have a brute and spark. i cant figure out how to send notes, pitch bend or mod wheel to my brute, only tempo sync. i dont think they want to say its not possible at this time either because it would encourage people to buy other products. ive posted in the minibrute forum about this issue and havent seen a response, but PMed the moderator about another topic, got a PM back but no response to the post letting me know its impossible at this moment.

rodanmusic

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:42:43 pm »
Yeah unfortunately you can't send out midi notes to an external device.  That would be really nice.  If Spark had this it would have saved me $300 on buying a separate hardware midi sequencer. 

My problem though is that midi clock start is not sending.  I am trying to have the start / stop transport controls on spark start and stop my AN200 which has a built in sequencer.  It does nothing when I have it all set up outside of my DAW. 

I ended up just setting it up in Studio One and doing it that way because I wasn't ever able to get it to work.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 08:57:58 am »
Hi guys,

I have had Spark from its birth. It's has long been my major vision of improvement that it (its standalone program) could also play other synths: external hardware synths via its physical midi outs and (at least Arturia's own) software synths. This would really rise it to another league as great performance and composing tool. I am still waiting for some day it to happen. I have Logic as my main DAW. Still I'd like to see the day when I don't need it for composing things and on stage Spark seq can play bass line from my Origin or lead sound from Virus or Modular V. Also it could send special click track to players who need to hear that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:32:09 pm by JacksonP »

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »
I want the Spark to be able to record MIDI into my sequencer from its pads too, because I want to be able to add fills in spots while a basic pattern or song is playing.  Also, I love the feel of the Spark pads but going to MIDI mode is a bother. I also wish in MIDI mode that the 9-16 shift would change the MIDI out notes on the pads.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines