April 23, 2024, 07:12:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Attaching CC#'s to knobs ridiculous behavior  (Read 2841 times)

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Attaching CC#'s to knobs ridiculous behavior
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:52:26 pm »
I connected a foot pedal to control filter freq in a patch.  Then when I called up another patch, it didn't sound right.  The filter knob in the patch just called up was now set to zero and moved with my foot pedal.  I didn't attach a foot pedal in the second patch!

After a couple of tests it became clear that Arturia made some idiotic choice not to save midi controllers and what they are attached to individually per patch, but instead as global settings.  I can't believe this.

This means for instance if you want to control the pitch of osc#2 with a foot pedal in one patch, it now does so for all the patches you've ever created in the past and will do so for all patches you create in the future.  That's unless of course you remove it from a patch where you don't want it, but then that removes it from the patch where you do want it when you load it back up.  I now need to forget about attaching any midi cc#'s to knobs in saved patches and need to keep little text files around documenting which patch needs what cc#'s and connect them anytime I load that patch to use.  This is ridiculous.  I don't know who at Arturia thought this is the way things should work.

Add to that the sloppiness you get if you try to attach a cc# to one of the knobs on the keyboard panel.  You can't close the little pop-up midi windows and have to get MMV do redraw the display to erase them.  They shouldn't even come up if they don't work for a control.

-Elhardt

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines