March 28, 2024, 07:05:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connection to Software failed  (Read 19482 times)

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Connection to Software failed
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »
There is an unknown device listed yes. Here's the message i get....

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Seems strange.

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »
In the connection manager it says. Firmware unknown. In the device manager there is a devise showing there (Guess that is it) under unknown devices & i am unable to find or update the drivers from there. Here's the message it gives...

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Seems strange.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »
Do you have other Midi/usb device? are they working fine?

you ca try to, disconnected any other USb/midi devices and:
open Device manager
right click on the unknown device(probably minibrute), choose uninstall.
When processing is done, disconnect and reconnect USB cable

as long as it's not properly recognize by the device manager it will be unusable by any software.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 05:12:01 pm »
I'll try the uninstall idea. Sounds like a plan ! Will get back if that works. Thanks.

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:37:20 pm »
I uninstalled the device & restarted my computer. Reconnected it & still the same so i tried the hold down the octave button method & the driver install failed. Nothing else running or connected. I'm going to try again now with the manger updater.

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »
No. No driver found.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 05:44:49 pm »
I have forgotten about the updater.
You need to do it twice in fact:
1/ plug the mb
2/ uninstall unknown device.
3/ power off MB
4/ hold octaves switches
5/ power up MB
6/ uninstall unknown device
7/ power off and disconnect MB.
8/ Connect it again, windows should reinstall generic midi usb drivers, if you update frimware it will install it for the updater too.

let me know

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 05:53:21 pm »
No, sorry it doesn't work. If i try & update the firmware i get the message ,this file is not an arturia crypted firmware file

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »
It's acually showing up in device manager now as 'minibrute'

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 06:10:12 pm »
Unable to prepare the minibrute for update. Please check your connections.

It must be a fault with the minibrute. My cables are all good & i use them for other things too. I even just tried another one which i keep as a spare. It's not going to work & it looks like a warranty claim.
Shame really because i like the synth but this is ridiculous. How many times should i plug - unplug blah blah to be convinced it's not working.
I like to refer to this kind of glitch as 'Friction' between me & the sound i want to make. It's down to manufacturers really to not produce it but instead give us a product that works.
Am i really going to have to return this unit because of a software issue ? Analogue synth fails on software shortcomings....Sounds wrong !

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:47:05 pm »
I got it to work on another computer running windows vista on 32 bit o/s. The computer i used is at least 6 years old.
My computer which it will not connect with now but which it did in January is running windows 7 on 64 bit o/s & is only about 2 - 2 ,1/2 years old.
My minibrute is only 9 months old !

Why does the minibrute struggle to connect with it's only necessary sofware ? It's not like the connection manager is overly complicated compared to other software for which arturia is known.

I hope you don't mark this thread as being solved because it really isn't. I appreciate your efforts to help Bruno, thankyou but something is stil wrong.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 09:32:59 am »
It's acually showing up in device manager now as 'minibrute'
It's a good starting point, it means the machine is fully functional and that the system can speak with it.

I got it to work on another computer running windows vista on 32 bit o/s. The computer i used is at least 6 years old.
My computer which it will not connect with now but which it did in January is running windows 7 on 64 bit o/s & is only about 2 - 2 ,1/2 years old.
My minibrute is only 9 months old !

Why does the minibrute struggle to connect with it's only necessary sofware ? It's not like the connection manager is overly complicated compared to other software for which arturia is known
It has no relation with the age of your computer, or the OS you use. I have developed, and use very often the Connection Software on my Win7 64bit PC.
You obviously have a conflict with an other hardware, driver, or software. If your MB was unknown in the device manager, that means windows generic USB audio/midi drivers was not healthy. The machine relies on an OS provided driver, like many other. I sure you can understand we can, and do provide support, but can't be responsible of what happens to a third party driver. One more thing this driver is monoclient, that means only ONE software can use it at a time, if your DAW is using it, Connection software won't connect.

1/Anyway, we need to be sure your driver is properly working now. If you sent midi notes or whatever message to the MB using a DAW does it work? The other way, can you receive midi notes send by the MB?

2/ if so, just to be sure download the software package again, properly unzip it to directory(do never run a .exe inside a zip), you should see side by side in the WIN subdir MiniBruteConnection_V1.0.2.1.exe and MiniBrute_FirmwareRelease_V1.0.2.1.mbf

3/disconnect any other USB audio or midi devices close any software that could be related to Midi

4/ run Connection Software.

If it still odes not work, a clean Windows install may be good solution

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »
During my efforts to connect this i have not had any other programs open any of the time. As i have stated before , i do not use a d.a.w & do not send or receive midi via a computer ever. I do run my brute via midi from external hardware equipment though & it will send & receive in the normal expected way. Yup !, your talking to an old skool stylee guy here...No computers.

As for the idea of a "clean windows install" , you're asking too much of anyone here to do that just to run your small client.

Thanks for trying to help Bruno but i'll leave as it is for now. At least i have been able to update the firmware although i do not know what changes were made. I also got to change a setting or two.

psyG3n

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 01:10:02 pm »
Hi,

same issue here... can't establish a connection to my MiniBrute with the "MiniBrute Connection_V1.0.2.1" with my MacBook!
Every time i start the software, the light stays off with "NOT CONNECTED"... By clicking on the light, it blinks for a moment with the message "CONNECTED" and after that, it stays off again.

Strange thing is, that there is no problem to connect to the MiniBrute with my Win7/64-Notebook. That's what i did, to update the firmware to v1.0.2.1...

However the MiniBrute is recognized by my MacBook (it's listed in the Audio-MIDI-Setup-Configuration), i need the software running on my MacBook, cause
1) production and DAW = MacBook
2) my Mg MiniTaur also claims MIDI.channel 1... so on every DAW.start i have to set different MIDI.channels to avoid conflicts!!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 09:25:41 am »
Every time i start the software, the light stays off with "NOT CONNECTED"... By clicking on the light, it blinks for a moment with the message "CONNECTED" and after that, it stays off again.
and you don't get an error message?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines