March 28, 2024, 01:48:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connection to Software failed  (Read 19474 times)

psyG3n

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Connection to Software failed
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 08:06:43 pm »
Sure... the same error message as shown @snapshot from chiefthomson (initial.posting of this topic!)...

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 11:16:03 am »
can you launch it into a terminal and post the outputs?
thanks
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

psyG3n

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
Hey Bruno,

sorry for the delayed response... I think, your last post, solved my problem :)

"MiniBrute_Connection_1_0_2_1.zip" contains the .app-file for MAC named: "MiniBrute Connection_V1_0_2_1.app"...

As far as i know, Macs don't understand spaces in filenames!? So, after inserting the "MiniBrute_Connection_V1_0_2_1.app" everything works fine  :)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:48 am »
i'm quiet surprised, i thought every user friendly system since the 90's does support spaces.
Anyway thanks a lot for figuring this out, it was a tough one.
I will not use spaces anymore.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »
If it still odes not work, a clean Windows install may be good solution

Thought this would be worth posting here. For various reasons i have reinstalled windows o/s on my laptop. I did it because i noticed a few undesirable glitches here & there, none of which had anything to do with my connection manager issue.
Anyway, to my point. I did the re-load about a week ago & my computer is still updating automatically as you might expect because i wound it back to factory settings. There is update after update & this is the reason i would not want to restore a computer to this state unless there is a very good reason for it, which i thought there was.
There is no point in my trying the arturia connection manager just yet because my system is still looking for & installing updates. If the issue before was anything to do with something being outdated then i might as well wait until my laptop is fully back up to date with the latest system requirements.
This brings me back to point that it is far too much to expect anyone to carry out this operation if it were just for the sake of the arturia connection software. It takes a long time to get your system back up to speed.
In my opinion the issue is a shortcoming on arturia's behalf & if i had have taken the advice & carried out this operation i would have been very pissed at arturia's advisor for suggesting it.
So this post is here now for the sake of anyone in the future who experiences the same problem. If you want to reload your entire computer system just to humour one little app the choice is yours but make no mistake, it is a hassle !

substage

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 04:39:18 am »
I tried on a different computer and to my surprise the program screen was completely different, despite the two computers have the same operating system Windows 7 64Bit Pro

Eanna

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 01:58:33 am »
Hi, I'm having a similar problem connecting from Win7 32-bit. DAW not started, no issues with the installation of the Microbrute driver, not Generic USB Midi or any such issue. Can send and receive Midi notes over Microbrute USB interface.

I notice in this forum post, you said to start the Microbrute Connection Software from the terminal. I did that - started cmd.exe as Adminstrator, and redirected stdout and stderr to a log file.

Not sure if this helps, but nothing was written to stderr, but stdout displayed the following:

Unable to open 1
Unable to open 2
Unable to open 3
Unable to open 4
Device family member2 : 1 !

I know this forum topic is very old, so I'm happy to create a new Topic, but on the back of your advice that stdout would contain info, I stuck with this thread. Let me know if you want me to create a new Topic.

** EDIT **
Had a bunch of useful stuff here about my experiences... But lost them as my session on this site must have timed out :-(

Anyway, here's the short version...

Found the Technote at the start of this Topic, holding both Octave buttons down on startup. Five Octave lights came on the Microbrute. Tried Updating Firmare, was stuck at 0% on the "Downloading Firmware, don't unplug or switch off the Brute" screen. Stayed like that for ten/fifteen mins, decided to close the software.
(Shouldn't that be "Uploading" not "Downloading"??).

Restarted the Microbrute - five Octave lights stayed on, and Microbrute was non-operational. No attempts to update the firmware worked...

Pulled out a Win7-64-bit laptop, connected the Microbrute (in 5-octave-lights mode), came up as "Updater" device in Windows. Downloaded the Microbrute Connection software, and after two or three attempts, the firmware was updated on the Microbrute. Good stuff! Microbrute back in the land of the living.
Restarting the Microbrute Connection software, connection was established from the laptop to the Microbrute.

Back onto the Win7 32-bit DAW Desktop, connected the Microbrute. Came up as Microbrute device. Started the Microbrute Connection software, still can't connect to the Microbrute. No Virtual Midi software started on my machine, or anything that should lock up the Midi device - I can use the Microbrute for Midi Note input just fine in Ableton. Stdout still presents:
Unable to open 1
Unable to open 2
Unable to open 3
Unable to open 4
Device family member2 : 1 !

FWIW, I have an Ableton Push 2 (switched off), a Steinberg Midex 8, a Codemeter-Stick to store my Reason licence, a USB Keyboard and Mouse and External Hard Drive, and a Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire, connected to the DAW Desktop machine.

Lesson learned:
If you follow the technote (both-octave buttons down on startup), be sure to have another computer around you can use if you need to bring the Microbrute back to life again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:03:58 am by Eanna »

Eanna

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 12:45:40 am »
Issue resolved in v1.7.0.217 of the Midi Control Centre software on my main Win7 32-bit DAW host.

Nice to see the Microbrute-specific settings for under-the-hood stuff there in that software too.

Nice one guys. Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines