March 29, 2024, 07:18:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tuning and scaling  (Read 2443 times)

padrini

Tuning and scaling
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:24:47 am »
Hi. I just received my Minibrute and I am impressed about the possibilities of the instrument. Arturia did a great job! I will review it for my blog soon. But first I have two doubts and I need some help. 

Since I started using it I realized that the Fine Tune knob was in the middle position but the tuning was not on 440Hz (like the manual says), even after 30 minutes of warming up. Every time I have to rotate it to the right (and not a little bit) for tuning it right. Is there something I can do for setting the middle position of the knob to A 440?

The second one is: after warming up and tuning it right, I noticed using a tuner that not every notes are perfectly in tune. The maximum difference checked was 6 cents between what the note should be. For now, it's not a big deal, but I would like to know if it is a normal behavior or some kind of scaling problem.

Thank you!

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Tuning and scaling
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:27 am »
that's pretty normal honestly...pure analog :)

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
Re: Tuning and scaling
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:07:29 pm »
Just don't worry about the tuning knob not being in the middle, you're going to have to move it sometimes anyway.  The synth couldn't be designed (realistically) so that every unit was exactly in tune in any conditions, with temperature and all the other factors causing the pitch to drift a bit.
I normally tune it every time I use it, every day it might be a little bit different.

The individual notes being differently out of tune, does it get worse as the notes go up?  because that's not unusual.  There might be a trimmer somewhere to finetune the scaling.
Or is it just random notes in a scale being more out of tune?  Because that would be more unusual.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines