March 28, 2024, 03:56:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark and Ableton Sync Issue  (Read 5115 times)

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark and Ableton Sync Issue
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »
Losing patience here...
It took me some time to get this to run (almost) smoothly in Logic... still having the first note randomly skipped when looping...
Now trying to get it done in Ableton and it is all over the place. I cannot spend hours...days...trying to figure out things like that. Should be pretty straight forward...damn it !
In the arrange view, if I loop from the 1st measure (let's say 1 to 5) a 16-step pattern, it looks and sounds fine.
If I loop from any other point than the 1st measure, every single time it comes back to the beginning of the loop, it's missing the 1st note most of the time and it almost sounds like Spark is trying to catch up before getting back to normal (sync'ed) at the 2nd beat. Basically, the 1st hit of the 1st beat is late, from the time I press Start.
I don't know what the hell I am missing here.
Is it anything within Midi setup in Live's Preference ? What exactly should be the setup there ? Is there a link somewhere related to setup Spark properly in Live 8 ? I just find pieces of info here and there but no step by step tutorial...
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:24:24 pm by legreg6 »

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark and Ableton Sync Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »
Ok so I think I've figured it out, I think that's a problem with Midi compensation of Ableton, it's not Arturia's fault!

I discussed this issue in the Ableton forum and sadly there is nothing to do, it's the fucking PDC (google Ableton PDC for this). I think that the Abe team must find a solution, and quickly, because we are in Version 9 and NO ONE of the other DAW have this issue!

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:24:23 pm »
Ok so I think I've figured it out, I think that's a problem with Midi compensation of Ableton, it's not Arturia's fault!

I discussed this issue in the Ableton forum and sadly there is nothing to do, it's the fucking PDC (google Ableton PDC for this). I think that the Abe team must find a solution, and quickly, because we are in Version 9 and NO ONE of the other DAW have this issue!

Yes this is an Ableton issue. I am doing the beta testing for live 9 right now and it still has this problem. What I do is record my loops in Studio One Version 2 as WAV files then mess around with it in live.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »

Yes this is an Ableton issue. I am doing the beta testing for live 9 right now and it still has this problem. What I do is record my loops in Studio One Version 2 as WAV files then mess around with it in live.
I'm using Live9 too at the moment, there are 2 workarounds at the moment:
1- export midi or audio via drag&drop from the spark to ableton!
2- record spark's midi output in another channel and quantize the records!

For me the second method work very well, and I'm still able to edit notes and record new one's into the recorded track!

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:04:23 am »
Try and make your Ableton loop not *on* the beat, but nearby :

if your loop on, say, bar 2 -> 6, try and loop 1/16th before bar 2, and 1/16 before bar 6 , so you have the same length, but you move it slightly. Tell me if the issue is still there, I felt like I had it less often when doing this.

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:34 pm »

I'm using Live9 too at the moment, there are 2 workarounds at the moment:
1- export midi or audio via drag&drop from the spark to ableton!
2- record spark's midi output in another channel and quantize the records!

For me the second method work very well, and I'm still able to edit notes and record new one's into the recorded track!

Thanks for the tips.

I noticed another bug in Live 9 beta.

1 midi track for spark outputting to an audio track in live.
I made a beat with loop divide to switch up my patterns. At the end of it I rendered to WAV and it sounded the way I wanted and by default it uploaded the WAV to soundcloud.

The issue with automatic soundcloud upload from live was it took the first minute of my song and looped it to 2.33 minutes in soundcloud so things were missing. Lesson learned i will manually upload after rendering the audio . I wonder if its a live 9 or soundcloud issue.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:00:35 am »
Are you sure that you have the Loop buttons disabled in live? :D

If you have the Audio Track it's not a Spark issue, nor an ableton issue, so for sure the SoundCloud quick upload needs to be upgraded :D

Report it in the Ableton9 Beta forum :D

seesaw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »

Any news on whether this will be fixed for the release of Live 9?

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38:24 am »
Sorry to all and sorry to the live team,

This bug is fixed in the lastest SPARK beta version, I can confirm it as I'm using it right now!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines