July 28, 2014, 08:18:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Moog Modular V support  (Read 94 times)

drpgleeson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: -1
Moog Modular V support
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:18 am »
For two weeks now I've been trying to get an update for my Moog Modular. The instrument was purchased awhile back--probably around 2006, and this has probably made the problems worse, but, really, Arturia, after two weeks a customer should be able to work his way through your technical support process and get a working instrument.  So far, no luck.

I've gotten this far: finally, after a week and a half Arturia sent me a number to plug into the steinberg dongle, and it works. The problem is, I'm working in Live, and what this has gotten me so far is the standalone update, not a VST version that I can actually use in Live.  I've explained this by e-mail repeatedly. Don't know how I could be any clearer. What comes back is a repeat of the earlier advice--basically, register the instrument--that hasn't produced the desired result. 

Finally, a couple of days ago I wrote and explained that we had generated a lot of e-mail and used a lot of time getting nowhere. If there is a solution to the problem, Arturia can't communicate it to me by email. I think we've pretty much proven that. I suggested to Arturia that I would be willing to drive down to Arturia's US. headquarters, only about 30 minutes away from me, and bring my computer with me--that, hopefully, Arturia support personnel on the premises could finally solve this problem.

Well, the e-mail certainly had some result--since then, silence. I'm going to wait a week, and then

a) I'm going to revise my 3 out of 5 stars on Amazon to zero, and describe the whole failed process in detail. We all know Arturia has a support problem, and has no way of adequately dealing with it--probably not financially feasible. This has been the subject of numerous online blogs. On the other hand, the software itself (let's not discuss those manuals) is pretty good. So you want to work with a company that's already being hurt by software cracks. But discontinuing communication because you can't figure out a solution isn't cool.

b) And then, after a week, I'm going to use the latest crack. To hell with it. I hate cracks--they're to software companies as Napster, etc are to working musicians. Idiots who steal your work. But what else is left to do? Any ideas?

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines