March 28, 2024, 04:58:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I use Arturia sequences royalty-free? And what about copyright stuff?  (Read 8999 times)

seandynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi there

Can I freely use the sequences that come as patches with the various Arturia softsynths in commercial releases? Do I need to pay royalties or attribute copyright?

Thanks
--
Sean

seandynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bonjour tout le monde! Is anyone at home? Are you all at NAMM 2013? ;)

seandynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can I use Arturia sequences royalty-free? And what about copyright stuff?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »
Bump. How about it Arturia...are your sequences and patches royalty-free? :-\

cygnusus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Good question........I was wondering the same thing.

Thoaren

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can I use Arturia sequences royalty-free? And what about copyright stuff?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 07:48:05 pm »
I have the same question here. Arturia, can we get an answer?

Futureline

• Apprentice
Old question, but I think the manual of any of the instruments answers it:

5. In case a sound library is part of the purchased Product the following shall apply in addition to the EULA
The provided samples, instruments and presets can be used for commercial or non-commercial music and audio Productions without the prior permission from Arturia under the terms of this Agreement. The usage of this Product (in particular samples, instruments and presets) for the creation of a sound library or as a sound library for any kind of synthesizer, virtual instrument, sample library, sample-based Product or other musical instrument is strictly prohibited. Individual samples, sound sets or audio loops may not be distributed (commercially or otherwise) standalone. Furthermore these samples, sound sets or audio may not be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, sound libraries or sound effects.

So, I understand this as that you can use any preset in the instrument, in a production of your own, just not if you make banks or presets for sale, or chose to sample the presets for external sales.  :-)
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines