March 28, 2024, 11:00:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question on knob resistance feel...one knob feels like no resistance  (Read 4828 times)

Wormhelmet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Square wave envelope amount feels different than all the rest of the knobs which have a uniform resistance feel when turning them. That one feels kind of loose when turning. Not wobbly loose, just much less resistance turning. It has the notch for halfway I can feel and the function seems to work, although I just got this and don't have anything to compare to.

Is this something I should worry about or a way to tighten the resistance that is easy? It's just the one knob and everything else appears like it functions correctly. Hate to ship back because of one knob feeling less resistance. The problem is also that these are so popular, I can't go demo another unit anywhere close to me because they are all sold out in stores.

Thanks in advance. Maybe there is some settings that I could have you guys mark that will show off a working correctly model demonstrating how it should sound and I could set my settings the same and turn the knob to compare the sound to the soundclip you guys get on a working model. That way I can just forget about it if it is functioning correctly. Unless I can tighten it up myself.

Quinthius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Question on knob resistance feel...one knob feels like no resistance
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:18:24 am »
This has been discussed in some other threads, it's normal.  :)  That knob uses a different part so a little different feel to it.  Yeah, it's a little weird, but nothing to worry about.

kevinmoore73

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:27 pm »
It's fine. That potentiometer is smaller and different than the rest inside the machine. Do a google image search for MiniBrure and you'll see what I mean.

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:12:53 pm »
Normal.  It's just a different potentiometer.

See this pic:

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:53 am »
As far as I'm aware its a different component,mine is the same also and there is an image somewhere of the circuit board which shows this,nothing to worry about

JnC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:58:58 am »
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the knob that you noticed that was different happens to be attached to a potentiometer that is much smaller than the others. On the interface board there is an IC between the saw and square wave. They had to use a micro pot so that it would fit in the tighter location. It looks like the square envelope knob is attached to the only micro pot on the interface board. See RP22 in the attached image...

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:03:25 am by JnC »

Wormhelmet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:04:28 am »
Holy smokes! Haha. Thanks for all the replies everyone! I am relieved now.

;D

I love this synth. Have been snapping iPhone pics of my presets I'm making already. It's just so easy to twist really good sounds out of.

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 04:57:56 am »
yeah, already posted it.  I didn't realize that the posts got approved before the images in them.

JnC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:13:59 pm »
Sorry for the redundant post. (beefinator's image hadn't cleared when I posted)

And yeah, if I pay attention to that knob, it does have a little less friction than the others. But it's not a component flaw, it's just different.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
Quote from: Wormhelmet
I love this synth. Have been snapping iPhone pics of my presets I'm making already. It's just so easy to twist really good sounds out of.

Please share them here

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?board=100.0

Thanx

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines