July 28, 2014, 12:25:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails  (Read 775 times)

midimatik

  • Guest
Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:00:43 pm »
I tried to update today for several times. Every time
the Software says that there was a "non critical DSP Problem" during the Update.

Using a Mac with 10.7.5

Ideas?

Philippe

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 404
  • Karma: 49
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:34:45 am »
Is your Origin still working after these update attempts?
Is it a keyboard or a desktop?

Also I need the update logs to be able to diagnose what is not working.

To get these logs when using Origin Connection 1.4 (the one coming with the 1.4.1 update package):
- open Origin Connection
- open the menu File
- select the entry "Open The Logs folder"
- this open a finder window which shows the content of a folder named "Origin Connection". You should find there 2 files and a folder named "log_archives".
- select everything that is  the sub folder *and* the 2 files
- compress them and attach the archive to your mail

To get these logs when using an older version of Origin Connection:
- manually open the folder which contains these logs.

The log files are available here:

   PC XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\"user_name"\Application Data\Origin Connection

     PC Vista:
        C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Roaming\Origin Connection

     Mac:
        /Users/"user_name"/Library/Origin Connection

On a Mac running Mac OS 10.8 the folder is hidden in a Finder window. Then the simplest way to find the Logs folder is to install Origin Connection 1.4.
Origin Lead  Developer

midimatik

  • Guest
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 09:40:55 pm »
Hello Philippe,

i tried the procedure Yesterday on my Win7 Laptop and it worked without any Problems ::)
But i will answer your Questions to check out what was wrong with the Mac Connection.

1. Yes, i restarted the Origin and it worked as usual but the Firmware was still 1.3.5
    Tried it several times...
2. Origin is a desktop Version.
3. In the Log File Folder is only 1 File + sub Folder ?1?

Where should i send the Mail with the Files to? Please send me a mail Adress...


Philippe

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 404
  • Karma: 49
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »
You should find under the text box where you edit a post to this forum a widget with a text like "attachments and other options". Click on this widget and you'll find there the way to attach a file.
Origin Lead  Developer

midimatik

  • Guest
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:17 pm »
Okay, here are the files...

The file ending with***h29.log is the one "above" the sub folder, were normaly should have been two...

Hope this helps!

Philippe

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 404
  • Karma: 49
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:38:11 am »
Hello midimatik,

I've attached to this post a Mac version of Origin Connection with added log traces so that I can analyse what's going wrong with your update. So if you could give a try to this version and send me again the logs it could give me valuable hints to solve your case.

Thx
Origin Lead  Developer

pjskyman

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
    • PJ Skyman Website
Re: Update from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 fails
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:31:53 pm »
Salut Philippe,

Pardon de déterrer ce topic longtemps après et pardon de parler en français.

Je me décide enfin à mettre à jour mon Origin Desktop de 1.3.5 à 1.4.1, et je rencontre les mêmes symptômes que midimatik. Je suis sous Windows XP, et l'erreur concerne aussi le DSP au même endroit que midimatik.

Je suis prêt à essayer avec une version verbeuse d'Origin Connection sous XP.

Merci pour ton aide,

PJ (ancien bêta-testeur fût une époque)

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines