April 18, 2014, 05:46:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 1.6.1 beta  (Read 4206 times)

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark 1.6.1 beta
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »
Hi all,
beta 2 is available here.
I have attached the release note.

Have a nice week end :).
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 11:17:50 am »
Hi all,
beta 3 is available here.

We would like to make this the Release Candidate, soo if you find something critical, please report it as soon as possible.

Thanks again.
Best

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

midimatik

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 01:00:24 pm »
I downloaded the latest Beta yesterday.

Its a mess for me, canīt work with this...
No improvements here for me to see...

I always have to go to the Preferences Page when i start Spark to set the MIDI Clock To Spark Public
so that my Spark reacts to my Master (Octatrack), which is stupid anyway. Why Spark canīt save this?
I hoped Spark would save this with the new update.
Now there isnīt anymore a button to close this preferences Window???
So i pull the opened Preferences Window beside and startedt my Setup / Master (Octatrack).
Sparks Sequencer Light is running very funny, very fast from 1 to 4 stops a little time on 4, then really fast to 8, stops there, to 12 and stopping, to 16 and ;-) stopping. The stopping is for just a little Time, but this is a mess.

As long as the preferences Window is opened (cant close it) Spark wont change the patterns.

One time i recognized a new effect on snare without touching the Spark Software or Controller...

If i press Stop and Play again, the Spark is not starting at the beginning of the Track. Its starting from where
it stopped...

At the Moment i ám loading 1.5. 
Even a Beta should not be that bugy...
Sorry, this is nothing better, its much worse.
Canīt believe that this mass of huge bugs was not noticed...

Are you just testing sparks 1.6.1 update (Beta) Standalone?

Using a Mac with Lion 10.7.5
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:51:35 pm by midimatik »

limao

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 05:55:40 pm »
i must admit that i like the update a lot... this f...king playback bug regarding loop mode is away...thanx a lot for that...

@ midimatik :

the funny playing lights are representing the shuffle ammnt. ..if u turn shuffle to null you will have the normal playing lights

midimatik

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 01:27:54 pm »
Can't work with it until there is no CLOSE Button in the Preferences...

I can't change Patterns!!!

Is there no one who recognized this? Or is here something wrong ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:45:42 pm by midimatik »

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »
Hi Midimatik,

I downloaded the latest Beta yesterday.

Its a mess for me, canīt work with this...
No improvements here for me to see...

I always have to go to the Preferences Page when i start Spark to set the MIDI Clock To Spark Public
so that my Spark reacts to my Master (Octatrack), which is stupid anyway. Why Spark canīt save this?

Thanks for reporting this, it will be fixed in the next beta.

I hoped Spark would save this with the new update.
Now there isnīt anymore a button to close this preferences Window???

This issue only affects Mac OS X, again it will be fixed in the next beta. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So i pull the opened Preferences Window beside and startedt my Setup / Master (Octatrack).
Sparks Sequencer Light is running very funny, very fast from 1 to 4 stops a little time on 4, then really fast to 8, stops there, to 12 and stopping, to 16 and ;-) stopping. The stopping is for just a little Time, but this is a mess.

Thanks for reporting this one. We are currently trying to facing out what is the problem.

As long as the preferences Window is opened (cant close it) Spark wont change the patterns.

One time i recognized a new effect on snare without touching the Spark Software or Controller...

Can you give me more details please?

If i press Stop and Play again, the Spark is not starting at the beginning of the Track. Its starting from where
it stopped...

I guess this is because your master is still running.

At the Moment i ám loading 1.5. 
Even a Beta should not be that bugy...
Sorry, this is nothing better, its much worse.
Canīt believe that this mass of huge bugs was not noticed...

I think this is because no tester is using it as MIDI slave.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »
I'll copy here a mail that I wrote to support sometimes ago, maybe someone have this issue:

Hi,
The kit does not save with the project, I'm in Ableton Live 9 64bit.
Tell me if you can reproduce it, if not I can send you my project!

For reference:
yesterday I make a new ableton project with some vst's, included SPARK (we'll call that PROJECT_SPARK). I saved this project and shut down the PC. Today I opened PROJECT_SPARK again, and all the project is loaded, include Spark Kit.
After that I closed this project and started to work on another older project!
I saved that project and then re-opened PROJECT_SPARK, now the KIT loaded is the same as the previous project (because the other project has a SPARK user project saved).
So I try other way, so I opened another project with a SPARK kit saved with the older version, and the kit is loaded very well (the project is not saved into SPARK's user project, so it's saved into the Live file).
Then I've tried to reopen the PROJECT_SPARK and the standard kit is loaded!
Sorry for my long message and my little enghlish, I hope you understand,
Mauro.

midimatik

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 11:07:23 pm »
Hey Kevin,

i canīt close the Preferences Window.
So i pulled i beside so that i can work with Spark.
When i try to change a Pattern it wonīt change.
Pattern 1 is running, i want to change it to Pattern 2. Pattern 2 is blinking
and blinking but it never changes to Pattern 2.
You can see it on the Video i attached to my text above.

Next Point :
I said that if i press top and Play again Spark isnīt starting from the beginning...
I mean that i press Stop on Master (Octatrack) and Play again.
My Octatrack starts from the beginning of the Track again but
Spark goes on from where it stopped.

Greetings

Lisapower1

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 05:34:33 am »
I also would like to test the Beta if it's possible.  :D

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 09:21:22 am »
Hi Midimatik,
thanks for the details.
we should provide a new beta soon.

@lisapower: I have posted the download link on this thread.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 04:05:25 pm »
great update, and love how quickly the beta comes out. just as i'm about to submit bugs, you guys post a new beta version...great work :)

haven't found anything on this version yet

beanyles

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:24 am »
Hey kevin, beta 1.6.1 has a bug regarding the jog wheel. I cannot load kits using the jog wheel. Pressing down on the jog wheel to choose "kit mode" doesnt work anymore. However if I first click with the mouse on the vst and choose kit mode from the software, the jog wheel works. The problem seems to be in the click and hold of the jog wheel using the hardware. Also, when I render audio from cubase spark misses the first note, but only from bar 1. If I try to render bar 2, every note is present.

Another thing you should fix is the browser for instrument loading, you almost always have to redirect it to your sample folder and reclick auto play everytime, why cant the software remember this preference?

Also, if I load a new sample, the parameters and effects inserts remain untouched from the previous sample, so if i preview a sample and decide to load it, i have to reset all parameters otherwise I will get a diferent sound compared to the one I auditioned. One should have the choice to keep all previous settings or to reset them and delete all effects.

Thats all for now...

NOTE: I have only tested beta 1
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:47:21 am by beanyles »

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:31 am »
Hey kevin, beta 1.6.1 has a bug regarding the jog wheel. I cannot load kits using the jog wheel. Pressing down on the jog wheel to choose "kit mode" doesnt work anymore. However if I first click with the mouse on the vst and choose kit mode from the software, the jog wheel works. The problem seems to be in the click and hold of the jog wheel using the hardware.

Hi Beanyles,
We took care of this in the latest beta, if you wouldn't mind testing it that would be much appreciated, you can find it here: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12472.msg31982#msg31982.

Also, when I render audio from cubase spark misses the first note, but only from bar 1. If I try to render bar 2, every note is present.

I also think that this is taken care of in the latest beta.

Another thing you should fix is the browser for instrument loading, you almost always have to redirect it to your sample folder and reclick auto play everytime, why cant the software remember this preference?

I will look into this today.

Also, if I load a new sample, the parameters and effects inserts remain untouched from the previous sample, so if i preview a sample and decide to load it, i have to reset all parameters otherwise I will get a diferent sound compared to the one I auditioned. One should have the choice to keep all previous settings or to reset them and delete all effects.

In the next verion we are going to improve instrument and sample browsing, I believe that we have discussed this feature so hopefully it will included.

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »
I would like to participate in the beta test.  Original Spark Interface, plus V-collection and 61 key factory.  I am very interested in testing the MIDI interface as I have had a few strange issues with it in the present version.

Found the link and downloaded it, FUN tonight...

Thanks, Zip oLieghter
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:43:24 am by Zip oLeighter »

koochey

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
    • Den Ishu
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:58 am »
i have found a strange behavior with the "select" buttons in the midi control mode...
even if i set them to "push" in the spark MIDI Control Center they still "toggle" and sometimes the led is lit sometimes not !?

then i found a graphic bug if u switch on and off the "factory" button in the bottom library view - the coverflow is loosing the covers...
(testet in ableton 9 so far)

also it would be a great feature to have favorite spark project/presets area to organize the library..
so i could change my favorite kits on the fly and doesn't have to search the complete library for the best kits...

another thing is if i want to change a project with the jog dial - the preset name is scrolling sooo fast that it's hard to read it in the display...

cheers
den

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines