March 28, 2024, 02:00:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Save preset - New Project Type doesn't work - 1.4.1 Version (PR1)  (Read 6306 times)

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
It seems that whenever I try to make a new project type during "save" or "save as" for a sound preset I got a question mark and there's no way to write anything in the field.

Do I miss something?   :-[

cheers, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

sirdemon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Save preset - New Project Type doesn't work - 1.4.1 Version (PR1)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:54:40 am »
i'm experiencing the same problem on an Origin Desktop.
Arturia Origin Desktop - 1.4.1 (PRE-RELEASE) - V Collection 2

ASch

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:20:30 am »
It works for me: ver 1.4.1 (build 36673)

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:13:46 am »
I suppose you mean "Project Name"? AFAIK it is not possible to enter a new project type.

To be able to set the preset name and its project name you must check the "Save As" option unless your preset is a new one (that is it has been created using the "Preset/New" popup).

If you save without typing anything you'll get a preset name "?", and a project name "Unknown".

To change the preset name you have to navigate to the field that displays "- EMPTY -" (on the right of the field that displays the preset number). When reaching this field the text should change to "?" in red colour. You can the use the keypad to type the name. Press ENTER to validate the name.

To change the project name you have to navigate to the field located on the bottom right corner that displays "Unknown" and press ENTER to enable the editing. This will display a popup with some suggested names the first one being <New>. If you want to set your own project name select the popup entry "<New>". The field should now display "?" in red colour. Use the keypad to type your own project name, and don not forget to press ENTER to validate this name.

At the end you have to press "Save" to validate your choices, or "Exit" to discard all of them.
Origin Lead  Developer

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »
Hi Philippe, sorry sure it's my fault but here is what the manual says at page 84, 8.4.4.1 Save as / name a new Program preset:

􏰀 Then select the [Type] of sound and [Project] name for later sorting within the Preset’s filters browser.
􏰀 If you select [NEW] then you can create a new project entry that can then be selected in the future and available as a search value while browsing for presets.

If I try to do this it doesn't work on my origin desktop.

Project --> new --> red question map --> no way to write anything... using both the arrow keys or the big encoder...

On the other fields of save as it works all works as expected.

At the end no way to make a new project type.

Something missed?

Thanks in advance, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 10:23:55 am »
I've attached a small tutorial with some screen shots.

HTH
Origin Lead  Developer

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
Thanks a lot Philippe!!!!

Point 7 of your guide:
7- to enter your own project name, click on the entry "<New>". This changes the popup widget to an editable text field filled with a red question mask. Use the keypad to type the project name you wish. Don't forget to press enter when your name is OK. Here I have set the project name to "Name".

Question mark, OK .... no more chances to edit that, keypad arrow, the same you have to use to edit patch name, doesn't work instead of changing the character they switch from a field to another. No way to input any name here...

Cheers, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

tertior

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »
Ok your Memory protect is on OFF; after use Keypad for write your name. If you have a already a save go to save as and write or not and return on save.
Hmmm my english suck but it's very simple, I don't see the problem; look your memory protect.
Sorry for my explication in english.

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51:29 am »
Hi, just to be  more clear I can store patches on my origin what I can't do is assigning them a NEW project type.

Cheers, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

Philippe

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:10 am »
Hi, just to be  more clear I can store patches on my origin what I can't do is assigning them a NEW project type.

That's normal. It is not possible assign a new project type. What you can do is choose a type amomg the list that is displayed in the popup. On the other hand what you can do is to set the name of the project.
Origin Lead  Developer

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 11:53:42 am »
Thanks again Philippe, now I got it, sure the NEW item in the project type list make me confused.

Maybe it worths a software update, on my opinion, because this will be helpful on origin connection program chooser where you can't choose you "preferred" programs and multi, thinking a little bit more this will be an usefull addon too...

;D

Cheers, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines