March 19, 2024, 05:02:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: lfo sync start doestnt work correct  (Read 5023 times)

u.n.i.t.e.d

lfo sync start doestnt work correct
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »
i use the mono lfo to control two filter cutoffs with midi sync and when i start my master sequencer with the sequence for origin every time it starts incorrect till it runs to the second loop of the sequence. After that it works correct. The same problem with a poly lfo. And all other gear starts correct so i expect that the problem comes from my origin. Any ideas

u.n.i.t.e.d

Re: lfo sync start doestnt work correct
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:49 pm »
i still have this problem so it would be great to get some help from arturia how i can solve this problem

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:15 pm »
Could you give us more details about what you mean by "it starts incorrect". And also could you describe what you're trying to do?

Thx

Origin Lead  Developer

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »
How should i explain this :o :) ok. i route a lfo to the filter cutoff. i use a square wave and select midi sync on. i also use on the lfo trig input the key trigger function thereby the lfo waveform starts at the same point. in the case of the squarewave i mean that the lfo start the cutoff frequency at a higher level and then on a lower level for a rythmic cutoff playing. but when i start my master sequencer, the lfo starts like a normal freerunning lfo just anywhere and the rythmic pattern is not playing. after the master sequencer starts again on the note startpoint it works correct with the rhytmic pattern that i want here. i hope that is coherent enough:-) what could be the problem?

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »
i donīt want to be annoying but iīm waiting now for a month to get some help here. Could it be that just Phillipe look after the forum? and i donīt want to critisism phillipe,but if he has something else to do, could a other person from aturia give me an answer to my problems? and what i above all want to know,is there a possibility to reset midi cc messages?thanx

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:28:31 pm »
what sequencer are you using?

there is a common rule that you should put a blank measure at the beginning of your sequence so that verything goes in sync. can you try this?

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:58:38 pm »
iīve already try this. whatever when i start the note-on message it is eyerytime the same problem. not until when the next trigger comes during the sequence it starts correct so the problem must be at the starting point. On another synthesizer it works fine! Iīm using a Akai MPC1000 (JJOS) What can i do?

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 04:09:07 pm »

so - can you put one or two note-on messages in the initial blank measure, so that the lfo is in sync by the time the real sequence starts?

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 12:56:37 pm »
no i canīt. itīs just like a random gamble. every time i start the sequence from the beginning, it sounds different. a little bit if i would use a swing function on a groovebox so that the startpoint is moved but the modulation is still in midi clock timing. a strange situation because my with my other synths there is no problem in that case.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines