March 28, 2024, 04:58:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: WOW, ROLLER FEAT JUST COMPLETELTY STOP WORKING ON ME!  (Read 7490 times)

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
WOW, ROLLER FEAT JUST COMPLETELTY STOP WORKING ON ME!
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
 :( Using the FX pad AND mouse, the HIGHER resolution rolls (1/32 & 1/32 triplet) just completely stopped working on me, for some unknown reason. It was all working fine up until this point. Went to go for that nice 1/32 roll at the end of the bar and on the comeback from the loop? BOOM, it didnt roll, as if it didnt even get recorded into the sequencer  ???
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC
RALLY CAP MUSIC PRODUCTIONS.

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: WOW, ROLLER FEAT JUST COMPLETELTY STOP WORKING ON ME!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:15:51 am »
When you use mouse/FX pad to choose 1/32 resolution, and play it (not record it). Do you hear the roll? If not that's a bug.

If you tried and record this automation in Spark's sequencer, the recording will be quantized to the resolution you have set up in the sequencer. If it is set to 1/16, you won't be able to record a 1/32nd roll. You can play it, but it won't record.

You can either set your resolution in the Spark sequencer to 1/32 (which will divide the pattern length by two because the limitation is 64 steps, regardless of the resolution) or you can use the "repeat" automation parameter, and put it at the first value (it will repeat the note twice in the step, giving you a 1/32 roll at 1/16 resolution)

for 1/32triplet, the second value of the "repeat" automation is probably what you're looking for (three notes in one 1/16th step)

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

Ive only had the Spark for about 2 weeks and haven't even gotten that far into it as far as changing the resolution or anything. I was OUT THE BOX and just started playing with it. Haven't changed anything. Roller using the FX pad on 1/16, 1/32, 1/16 triplet, 1/32 triplet was ALL working fine. On the fly, recorded, worked PERFECTLY, no problem! Then all of a sudden, yesterday, I was noticing that the roll, using the FX pad, in record mode from 1/16 to 1/32 was NOT getting recorded. It was just come back around on the loop as a 1/16 roll. I was thinking, well thats weird, it was just working fine.

Like I said,  brought the Spark right out the box, set it up and start making music, not really getting into it as far as changing parameters or anything like that yet, so I KNOW this must be a bug because I haven't gone in and changed resolution or anything like that!

What I do notice also is, going DOWN from 1/16 to 1/8th, 1/4th ALL works, gets recorded. Its going UP from 1/16 to 1/32 to 1/32 triplet to all of a sudden, dont work as far as getting recored into the pattern!  ???
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:26 pm »
Are you running spark inside studio one or standalone mode? What sound card driver are you using?

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:46 am »
This is happening inside Studio One AND standalone. And come to think of it, this all didn't start happening until I started to try and use it in Studio One. At least in the 1st week and a half, I was running it standalone ONLY, just to get familiar with the unit, its software, etc. I just recently, like 3 days ago started to mess around with it in Studio One and THATS when this issue started. But even now in standalone its doing it also. Weird
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:15:47 am »
This is happening inside Studio One AND standalone. And come to think of it, this all didn't start happening until I started to try and use it in Studio One. At least in the 1st week and a half, I was running it standalone ONLY, just to get familiar with the unit, its software, etc. I just recently, like 3 days ago started to mess around with it in Studio One and THATS when this issue started. But even now in standalone its doing it also. Weird

What sound card are you using?

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
No sound-card, just straight USB audio into the Mac. Like I said, this wasn't an issue my 1st week with the Spark. Now all of a sudden, its doing this. Same set up as when I 1st got it.
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
Yeah, after playing it some more, its pretty much anything higher than 1/16, using the FX to roll, isnt getting recorded. The lower resolutions operate just fine. :(
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 05:20:37 pm »
Hi,
If you want to record 1/32 roll, you have to set the resolution of the pattern to 1/32.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 04:45:44 am »
Hey Kevin!

Yeah but I was able to roll with no problem, right out the box, no needing to change anything! I'm didn't get into resolution changing into a few days ago. I literally ha zero need to change the resolution parameters. I wouldn't turn it on, clean patterns, 1/16 and start making beats. FX Pad rolling anywhere from 1/16-1/8-1/16-1/32 back down to 1/16, no problem, all getting recorded. I never had to go into the parameters and physically change the timing resolution.
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:55:39 am »
Maybe this is because you were working with 1/32 pattern without knowing.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 06:29:05 pm »
Trust me Kevin, I would have KNOWN if that resolution was that high. Those lights across the top would have been FLYING by so fast, lol. This came out the box on 1/16 and like i said before, i didn't even deal with the parameters of the unit. I was just trying to get familiar with the piece by just playing with sounds and recording patterns. Then one day, I seen I wasn't able to record rolls at 1/32, 1/32trip.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:52:31 pm by Qu Da Scientist »
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »
Yeah, after playing it some more, its pretty much anything higher than 1/16, using the FX to roll, isnt getting recorded. The lower resolutions operate just fine. :(

I'm on win7 x64 and when I am in studio 1 I usually start with 1/16 pattern, but do 1/32 roll fine with the FX pad.

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:32:48 pm »
MPC60, yeah it works just playing with it but does yours RECORD it? Mine USED to record it but then it stopped recording it out the blue!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:41:00 pm by Qu Da Scientist »
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

Qu Da Scientist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
That's what I thought what was real cool about the Spark because with the MPC you was able to change the resolution on the fly, while recording or normal playback mode. With the Spark I was able to just use the FX Pad to change resolution on the rolls, even if I was still in 1/16. Well at least that's what I WAS able to do until something happen!
#TEAM SCIENTIFIC MUSIC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines