March 19, 2024, 10:14:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: OMG!!! SPARK DEAD HELP!!!!!!  (Read 6455 times)

solara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
OMG!!! SPARK DEAD HELP!!!!!!
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:43:00 am »
It told me I needed to update.. then died at 4% now its dead!!! PLEASE WHY.. I need to do a developer reset or something please tell me how to do this.. It is hardly used and im trying to make it work with my new ableton 9. -dissapointed/depressed- thanks

solara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: OMG!!! SPARK DEAD HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:39:56 am »
ive tried other USB's I've tried reboot, reinstalling software, when i click on midi control center it is just a black screen.. it has always been that way though.. Windows 7 64 bit, 8 GB ram, 3.6 duo, I cant stand this.. please someone .. anyone know the factory reset? this is really upsetting when a product tells me to update now my hardware is dead....  its just wrong.. im upset HELP

solara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:04:31 am »
Case 125172

N3VRO

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:31 pm »
Same problem here. Freeze at 3%.
Firmware seem to be corrupt now.

If someone have any tips, it would be appreciate.

Good luck solara :'(

solara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »
Through tech support, I was given a detailed midi interfaced,, force flash type fix,  in an attachment email by tech, then my case was closed. I opened another case. it was closed and original was opened.. I was told by tech support that I did the flash process wrong... I told tech sup., no that i tried the switch on and write method 200 times. Now I receive no response. I need a repairs division.. or they need a buyback replacement. HELP HELP .. I STILL NEED HELP.. CASE # Above ^^^ thank you N3VRO  ;)

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:40 pm »
BUMP

need help with this too

update process shouldn't so easily BRICK something that is 100% linked to a computer already.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:12:40 am by stevism »

Gompie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:26:04 am »
Any luck with the repairs?
I know this is an old post, but I've had the exact same thing happening to me described by Solara.

CASE 133896

Gompie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 09:12:34 am »
My controller is up and running again!
Help came from a very helpful beta-tester. Thanks a lot!

Tech Support did not answer my request for support, seems that there are not enough people for the amount of technical inquiries at Arturia, or they are REALLY slow with their support  :-\ . This was an easy solve, would take 10 sec of time for the technical support (team?) to respond with a standard reply email. Failing firmware upgrades are know issue and will happen in the future.

CASE 133896 can be closed.

Seiishu

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »
While posting this, why not mentioning what you did to make it work again? I am pretty sure that would help someone with same or similar problems if they start searching these threads. This way, they will only find people posting about problems and people posting about problems being solved... but not what's the most important for them - how to solve them.

DJSAVVASNYC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:23:56 pm »
Same issue here but what I do not understand I this forum is why no one actually posts the solutions and just the general outcomes what is the point of a forum without the ability to get the solutions on your own from the experts and moderators. I've searched the whole internet and you tube and can find nothing then I read threads such as this one and see others have the same issue as myself but to no avail no actual answer... Please help I have a black screen and no shot of fixing without assistance I am waiting for support to get back to me as well

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 01:03:22 pm »
Same issue here but what I do not understand I this forum is why no one actually posts the solutions and just the general outcomes what is the point of a forum without the ability to get the solutions on your own from the experts and moderators. I've searched the whole internet and you tube and can find nothing then I read threads such as this one and see others have the same issue as myself but to no avail no actual answer... Please help I have a black screen and no shot of fixing without assistance I am waiting for support to get back to me as well

HI What platform are you on pc or mac  did the firmware stop or is your sparkle not connecting.

regards

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 11:16:54 pm »
Yeh not very helpful of people to not post how they fixed the problem, i have never done a firmware upgrade on my spark cdm due to reading of others having bricked their units.

Unfortunately i dont have a fix for the bricked hardware but i'd like to say that Arturis support is shit, i have been waiting 3 weeks for a reply about spark crashing Ableton after the recent spark update.

Anyway you would be better asking on other forums ( Maschine forum, gear slutz etc..) that people actually visit and participate in unlike this place which is pretty much dead.

After a bit of googling i came upon this link http://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/firmware-reset-and-detection-of-a-midi-device

But i doubt it will help if your hardware is bricked but have a look anyway you never know with Arturia gear anythings possible.

Tried to find some kind of phone support but Arturia have stated they dont make the number available on the site because they are too small to deal with calls etc.

But they say if you can find the number yourself then they are quite happy to help with support hahaa classic stuff from a company that willing takes your cash but provides ZERO support in return, check the Origin forum, cats paying thousands for a synth and getting squat support in return.

This number i found for Arturia France:
30 Chemin du Vieux Chêne, 38240 Meylan, France
+33 4 38 02 05 55

Ask for Antoine he knows his shit proper, and speaks English.

DJSAVVASNYC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »
Hi Terrym the firmware update stopped at 3% and both the Spark and Macbook froze ( I'm using Yosemite btw) when I restarted I ended up with a black screen that only momentarily flashes during power up. One of the techs got back to me and send me a tech note with a sysex file to do a hard reset via a Windows PC and using Midi OX to force the Spark into Update mode. What I find puzzling is the sysex file itself is only 1kb and when you read the code it contains 2 letters "FD" that's it. I performed the procedure to a tee by opening/executing the dump and turning on the power to the spark immediately after with several combinations of timing for about 2 hours with no luck. I'm here wondering how a unit can become a brick so fast. Any thoughts I will post the tech note and files when I am near a computer but I do not want to yet because I don't believe this fix works.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 04:05:24 pm »
Hello.

You can try to restore the firmware.

Please follow this technote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlNXRrZ2F0eUJJLU0/view?usp=sharing

It may fail several times before to succeed, but if you keep trying, it should work at the end.

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

kb

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 02:51:09 am »
Same problem.

I did open .syx file and power on over 100times using by win7/MIDI-OX and also tried by mac 10.9/SysEx Librarian.
But Spark CDM did not show LCD screen....
And also I tried USB power supply from another PC, change midi setting, change usb cable and ofcause midi interface cable is fine(yamaha ux16).

Arturia support is no answer yet....

So sad :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines