March 28, 2024, 11:09:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Midi out Ch?  (Read 2125 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Spark Midi out Ch?
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:06:31 pm »
Hi,

Forgive me if I am missing something very simple here... But I just tried to play my (hardware) Nord Drum with Spark's standalone app. I can make it send midi out via USB to Nord Drum, but I cannot find any menu etc. to change Spark's midi ch which is now ch 1. Is it possible or not? If anything else you should be able to change the general midi (out) ch, right?

I am one of those asking for better MIDI out playing possibilities. I'd really like to make Spark seq to play my other synths as well. I know that it's now not possible... It should not be too difficult to make track one send ch1 for example and track two ch2 etc. or any channel 1-16. Is this really too much to ask?

???

EDIT: ...and one more thing: playing my Nord Drum with Spark standalone seq: Everytime I start playing a pattern, Spark misses the first beat.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:12:47 pm by JacksonP »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark Midi out Ch?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:54:09 am »
Hi Jackson,
sorry this is not possible.
But this should not be so difficult to add in a future update.

Concerning the missing first beat.
I think the upcoming update should solve this one.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark Midi out Ch?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 01:47:49 pm »
Hi Kevin,

I updated my Spark to 1.6.1. but missing first beat (at least via MIDI) is still there. Was it supposed to be fixed with this update or later?

And now when you have made progress with some external MIDI features like midi clock please re-think about my main suggestion: Give us a change to change MIDI out ch from different tracks. Or better, I'd add there a change to make a track to be "an external midi track" and name it how you like (for example "Origin bass") and give it some special midi ch. It cannot be that difficult, cause now you can send everything in ch1, right? With this (small?) improvement you'll have a great platform to control whole MIDI system which many of us have...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:50:13 pm by JacksonP »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines