Arturia Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 02:29:09 am

:    
Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.
37.925 9.113 32.995
: ArtieV56
+  Arturia Forums
|-+  Analog Classic Instruments
| |-+  Wurlitzer V
| | |-+  Wurlitzer V Beta Test
| | | |-+  improved MIDI configuration system
« previous next »
: [1]
: improved MIDI configuration system  ( 1319 )
Koshdukai
Beta-testers

: 436

« : March 14, 2013, 04:29:57 pm »

Any chance of a conversion utility or at least a read-only backward compatibility (achieving a read-old/write-new conversion through the app) ?

Not critical of course. Just curious if its something easy to achieve.

(also... this is also an excuse to try making a new topic on these forums :))
Adrien
Global Moderator

: 272

« #1 : March 14, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »

Hi kosh,

This is sadly pretty hard to do as some bugs existed in the previous one, and some files are corrupted.

This is why we will use from now on an XML based solution for this, so if anything bad happens with it we could be able to fix it.
And on top of it, we worked on integrating MIDI channel recognition and relative mode handling.

best
« : March 21, 2013, 01:36:04 pm Adrien »

Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
Koshdukai
Beta-testers

« #2 : March 14, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

No problem, as I said (at least in my case) this won't be a big nuisance and I'll quickly redo the maps and even use the opportunity to map them better :)

It being XML is a great improvement for easy tweaking of the files by the user (at his/her own risk, of course)

The channel recognition, if it works like I'm expecting to** it'll allow an extra layer (16 to be exact) of mappable controls out of the usually smaller number available in MIDI controllers, which is kind of the "control sets" I once suggested (i.e. same controller knob able to control multiple synth params according to the active set, in this case, the controller's MIDI Channel).

**I've downloaded the beta but I'm only able to install and use/test it tonight, so this is still just me speculating :)

Edit: oh, and allowing Relative Mode, that's a huge improvement, btw! :)
« : March 14, 2013, 05:49:14 pm Koshdukai »
Adrien
Global Moderator

« #3 : March 14, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »

Hi

yes you guess right.
Also I wanted to know if you think it would be best to have by default relative mode or absolute mode when assigning CC.

Best

Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
Koshdukai
Beta-testers

« #4 : March 14, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »

ah great :)

Well, I think expecting absolute by default would make it a bit more compatible with the majority of the "default" mode of most controllers, even those that support relative mode.
Adrien
Global Moderator

« #5 : March 14, 2013, 09:43:30 pm »

Hi

yes that is also what we think over here as most of our controllers are in absolute mode by default, also some controls can t be relative (sliders, pedals, wheels)

Thank you

Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
Koshdukai
Beta-testers

« #6 : March 15, 2013, 03:06:06 pm »

I'm kinda missing the possibility of manually choosing a CC+Chn but I understand this Learn-only mode is more streamlined, simple and fast to use :)
Adrien
Global Moderator

« #7 : March 15, 2013, 04:41:56 pm »

Yes, if we do a more complex GUI that could be a making stuf to complex sometime for some people.
But we could also do it by keeping the same GUI and making the text box editable.

At the same time, This is more a secondary feature that should more be managed in the host for advanced uses

Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
Koshdukai
Beta-testers

« #8 : March 20, 2013, 11:10:58 am »

I'll take this opportunity to ask this, in the light of this new (improved) way of dealing with MIDI Channel in the MIDI learn process:

Will there be a firmware update for the existing Arturia controllers to allow MIDI Send Channel change through them ?

I've been wanting to ask this and today, by coincidence, a user even ended up asking for the same functionality (which will be much appreciated when using this new MIDI configuration system):
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12748.new#new

...also, if a firmware update is going to happen, PLEASE can a CC or SysEx output of the Factory32 Shift button state be added to the firmware improvement, please! :)
(only mentioning the Factory32 because I don't own the others, so I don't know how useful or appropriate this would be)

Either a mode where all 9 buttons work as "dummy" (not Shift-aware) CC out buttons or simply like today but the Shift Button providing metainfo on its state through SysEx (like the Octave buttons do) ...if it was able to receive that state (like the Octave buttons), it would be extra golden, but not as critical as outputting its state when changed by the user.

This would allow a much more flexible use of that controller with other apps (like PH Reason, to which I have a Remote Codec+Map done but unreleased because it doesn't work as I would think it should/could).

« : March 20, 2013, 12:07:36 pm Koshdukai »
rbocquier
Apprentice

: 30

« #9 : March 20, 2013, 06:02:01 pm »

Hi Koshdukai,

I am afraid we have no upgrade plan for Analog Factory/Analog Player keyboard.

Robert
Arturia team
Adrien
Global Moderator

« #10 : March 21, 2013, 01:35:46 pm »

Hi

As the beta 2 of 1.1.6 is released the absolute mode should be set.
I close this post because the discussion could go too much off topic and i try to keep this forum really clean for you (beta testers) to discuss about existing issues.

If you want just create a new topic.

Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
: [1]  
« previous next »
: