March 19, 2024, 08:52:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V 2.0 & Mainstage 2.1.2 - Notes "Stuck"  (Read 12966 times)

merosenb

Prophet V 2.0 & Mainstage 2.1.2 - Notes "Stuck"
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:19:37 pm »
 I am using the Arturia Prophet V2 2.0 as an AU plug-in to Mainstage 2.1.2. Whenever I pull up a concert with the Arturia used and play a note, the Prophet immediately hangs notes and will not "unstuck" until I press the PANIC button. No matter what I do (set up other scenes, delete and recreate the channel strip), the Arturia plug-in immediately "hangs" any notes I play and is basically unusable. I've also tried setting up another account on the Mac to see if this is permission related, but whether I log in as myself or an alternate user the same behavior occurs. Help!

Carl Callaway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Prophet V 2.0 & Mainstage 2.1.2 - Notes "Stuck"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:27:03 am »
As of Jan. 25 , 2012 :  I am experiencing Hanging notes with The Prophet V while using inside of Logic 9. Is there any Resolution to this problem which I did not have before last Update ?
Malibu-72

jalongi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »
I have the same problem in Logic 9.1.7 after I try to record to the Prophet's track.
John Alongi

kwild

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »
Same problem (stuck notes) with Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (X1d build 535).
But my Prophet V version installed is latest available (2.5.3).
Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:39:53 pm by kwild »

aries

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:41:10 pm »
Same problem (stuck notes) with Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (X1d build 535).
But my Prophet V version installed is latest available (2.5.3).
Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

Same problem with new Sonar X2, lastest Prophet V build.

hippymulehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »
I have the same issue here.  Had a look at the midi note info that's getting sent and the midi note off is there it's just the Prophet is ignoring it.  I'm on Logic 9.1.7 and the latest Prophet. :'(  This is VERY easy to reproduce in Logic.  A new recording with only the Prophet loaded.  Record some midi.  Then you'll see what we are talking about when you start playback.

hippymulehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »
I have had a ticket with Arturia on this issue and one on the SEM for over two weeks now without even a response.  Is anyone working on these issues?

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:24:05 pm »
I'm running into this as well with Logic 9.1.8. After looking into this, it appears that what's happening is that Prophet V is reading Sus message 127 as pedal off and Sus message 0 as pedal on. This isn't a polarity issue, it's simply doing the opposite of what it's supposed to do based on the midi value it's receiving. I'm literally sitting here pushing the pedal down and watching the midi monitor in Logic showing a received value of 127 and then hearing the sustain stop on the Prophet V. When a value of 0 shows in the monitor, I have full sustain.

My guess is that Logic sends a sustain 0 message when the transport stops (probably to avoid stuck notes!), but that has the unintended affect of creating stuck notes with the Prophet V.

Anyway, my workaround for the time being is to put a sustain 127 message at the front of the Prophet V track, since this is a simple part, but this problem needs to be fixed ASAP.

hippymulehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »
Thanks, I just tried this and it's dead on correct!  Hope Arturia fixes this issue fater than the issues with SEM and Spark VDM.  Been waiting for the official update of those for a long time now...

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »
OK, I just woke my computer up from sleep and hit play on the very same song I was working on yesterday and all the notes on Prophet V were sustaining like mad. I checked the sustain pedal on that track and now it's working correctly - Sus 0 is sustain off and Sus 127 is sustain on. Yesterday I couldn't make this happen no matter how hard I tried. I changed my Sus 127 messages to Sus 0 messages and Prophet V is working correctly in the song... at least for today.  So, this problem appears to be intermittent, which is one of the worst kind to have because it's so hard to track down.

I'll keep watching this and see if I can figure out a formula to make it fail over here. Is anyone getting this problem consistently?

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 08:37:02 pm »
I finally got some time to experiment with this. If I make a new Logic document, add the Prophet V2 (2.5.3) and play a part while using the sustain pedal, everything seems to be fine. As soon as I close the document and re-open it, the sustain pedal messages are read backwards - that is, where there was previously sustain, there is now no sustain and vice versa. The solution is to go into the midi information and reverse the pedal 0 and pedal 127 messages. This makes the part play correctly, at least until the next time the project is closed and re-opened. At that point, the same problem crops up again. This creates a bizarre effect where a sustain pedal On message is 127 the first time the Prophet V2 is instantiated, but is 0 when the project is re-opened the first time, then back to 127 when the project is re-opened the second time and so on.

When I use the same project and replace the Prophet V2 with the Jupiter8V2 or CS80V2, everything works as expected every time I re-open the project.

The biggest bummer about this bug is that I won't use Prophet V2 on any more projects until this is fixed. It's too much of a PITA to change all the sustain messages in a project every time I open it.

Buddy Spike

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 02:36:34 pm »
There is THREE topics about THE SAME bug (stuck notes/sustain pedal wrong message) dated from May 01, 2011.

First answer :

July 09, 2012
"About the Prophet, thank you for letting us know about this un-noticed problem to date."
Robert
Arturia team
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=6483.0

Second answer :

March 14, 2013
"I guess you have the last version of the prophet, I will see if the support has some info about this issue, on what version did you see this ? is it the same in all hosts ?"
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12565.0

Beyond the fact that's just incredible to not fix a simple bug in two years (when, in the meantime, they continue to develop new products), it's amusing to note that Arturia is now a so gigantic company that their employees aren't able to communicate with each other anymore...

Funny frogs ! ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:34:39 pm by Buddy Spike »

Nip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 11:14:05 am »
Yes, it's remarkably sad, really. ???

As a brand name - Arturia think they will get away with this behavior.

Moogfan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »
Bump!

I have been having the same issue with Prophet V2 notes sticking as well - in this case while using Sonar X2 Producer build 306 x64. 

In my case there are no sustain messages being used.  So, I'm beginning to think it might have less to do with "flipped" sustain messages and perhaps something to do with PV2's "hold" function?  I say this because when manually toggling it during playback... it essentially corrects the sticking behavior. Unfortunately, there is no addressable midi control message (that I can find) to send during playback automatically.

UPDATE: Actually, the problem is exactly that, sustain ranges were reversed. Also, seems the Sonar X2a update fixed it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:20:35 am by Moogfan »

alienimplant

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 02:52:12 am »
I have the same problem as well (Logic 9 and X). I started a technical support ticket on September 2, 2013. I haven't received a single reply, even after I sent video footage of the problem on September 3, 2013.

Furthermore, when I click on my ticket status, it doesn't exist (http://www.arturia.com/fogbugz/default.php?138637_RWEBYVRW).

What is happening to Arturia? I feel completely abandoned.

On a personal note, I think the problem is that HOLD is being enabled every time Logic (or your DAW) is set to play. You can prove this by clicking on the HOLD function in Prophet twice. The first time, the LED turns on and the HOLD continues. The second time, the LED turns off and the problem goes away... until you hit stop and play.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:55:58 am by alienimplant »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines