This is a Known bug with Ableton.
The workAround is a little tricky,on the software side (see accompanying picture).
The idea is that keyboard data will be sent to MidiPipe (instead of Live), processed by MidiPipe (insert extra events), then looped back to Live using MidiPipe virtual drivers.
- download MidiPipe http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10541/midipipe
- unzip into \Applications
- power up Laboratory keyboard
- launch MidiPipe
- load the attached "pipe" (Laboratory.mipi)
- be sure the Laboratory pipe is active (you should see 4 steps)
Here just tell Live to use the pipe instead of the plain old keyboard
- Open Live preferences
- Go to Midi page
- turn off "input: The Laboratory"
- turn on "input: MidiPipe Output 1" (both "Track" and "Remote")
That pretty much all you have to do.
The drawback is that you have to launch MidiPipe each time (there should be a way to automate this task.