March 28, 2024, 08:22:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark EDM can it really be used with any midi controller  (Read 3587 times)

jimbobaggins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark EDM can it really be used with any midi controller
« on: March 21, 2013, 09:49:05 am »
Everywhere I look I see music sycophants going on and on about how wonderful Spark EDM is. All of them raving about how it can be mapped to use any midi keyboard or controller.
But can it.???? I cannot find one piece of information on how this is achieved. There is no tutorial, no You Tube video, its not even in the manual.

Everyone is talking about it but no one seems to know how this magical drag and drop feature is achieved.

At most I can get my midi software to use the VST.

I cannot get any software to select which bank or which pattern I want it to play.

I also cannot get Arturia support to answer my emails.

Instructions, ideas, comments anyone.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:11:45 am by jimbobaggins »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark EDM can it really be used with any midi controller
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:05 am »
Hi,
to map a MIDI controller to Spark EDM you just have Cmd+Click (Mac OS) or Ctrl+Click (Windows) on a knob then assign a MIDI CC.
Same thing for the buttons (Pads, Bank, Pattern)  or then assign a MIDI note.

Hope this helps.
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

jimbobaggins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark EDM can it really be used with any midi controller
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:59:46 am »
Kevin

Thank you for your reply

Its so simple when you know how  :-[ 

Almost as easy as working out that drag and drop really means drag and drop

At least it does in Samplitude 2013.

This is wonderful software BTW.

If we can only work out the high CPU stuff in Windows.

If I may suggest. I think it will be found in the interface between Direct Sound and ASIO probably in the framebuffer. It will most likely be a low level problem that is bypassed in the  OSX version. Windows always did like to have more control of its media than Mac. 

Of course it may just be that the Windows users having this problem just do a lot more with their computer and need to get off the net and remove all Antivirus software and all the other crud that clogs their digital arteries. LOL  ;D Which will improve more than just Spark. Personally I have several (6) separately dedicated machines for different OS's and Music, Video and 3D.

cheers

Thanks again

BTW If I wasn't studying at University I would love to participate in the beta test program to help work out the issues.   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines