March 28, 2024, 09:56:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Are there no customer support people?  (Read 7771 times)

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Are there no customer support people?
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:48 pm »
--I don't mean to be rude but the only thing that could halfway justify the lack of support you people offer your customers is that you simply don't have anyone that can do it. If this is correct why not just tell us that at least for now we're on our own and the defective products you sold us will stay defective?
Those of us with issues with our iMini's are tired of waiting for fixes and request for our money back has as much response as us asking for help. Ignoring us will make us go away but you know what? You might want our business and our support someday and I think you already know what to expect....
Your silence doesn't help anyone but it sure makes your company look very bad!

Rebecca@arturia

Re: Are there no customer support people?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:56:15 pm »
Hi Scott,

As I said before,  we passed the issues onto the developers.  They're working on an update to fix the major issues, unfortunately programming takes a little bit of time so it is not an instantaneous fix.

Regards,

Rebecca

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »
--Rebecca, with all due respect (usually when someone starts off with this they mean no respect but I'm being nice)..You may think what you're doing is customer service but I'm afraid that you don't know what customer service is. You have people who are customers (that means we paid our hard earned money to keep you employed) and we deserve to be kept up to date with those things that directly affects our investment and this you and your company are sadly not coming close to. I know you're happy but some of us aren't and we're the ones paying your salary.
What are the developers saying and doing to make sure that we can actually use the product we purchashed from them, where do we stand with our investment?

kcearl

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
Arturia need to get someone to man the forums support better...ive had a few welcome responses from Kevin and thats it

At the moment I actually have issues with four products I own...and I seriously cannot think of one other companies products I own that Ive had this many issues

Can only use Spark on 1.5 due to a missing feature in 1.6, 1.6.1.1 (being looked at by Kevin), and it crashes so regularly in 1.5 that Ive stopped making my own kits for the time being

Laboratory cant browse preset banks (already reported and acknowledged) now copies of presets are causing the plug in and standalone to crash...to get it working again requires a complete reinstall

Factory keyboard that keeps disconnecting in Ableton

SEM also crashes Live, I havent even bothered to trouble shoot it yet

Im not jumping ship yet, but even some of the buggiest software ive used ( focusrites mixcontrol) at least had fantastic support to help ease the pain..I also ownNIs maschine, all its expansions, and komplete 8 ultimate...ive not had to ask for one piece of technical assistance as it all works exactly as it should

Your products are getting a very bad reputation for support online, yet I see a whole new range of keyboards announced at musikmesse while you have plenty of reported technical isues to keep you busy here

So please can we have a bit better support??
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:22:26 pm by kcearl »

bass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 12:38:18 am »
the customer support is a joke big big big time .
i have been waiting 6 month and still nothing  way to go arturia !

Rebecca@arturia

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:58:42 am »
Arturia need to get someone to man the forums support better...ive had a few welcome responses from Kevin and thats it

@kcearl
our job at costumer service is to work on cases submitted to us.  The Forums are meant to be user to user and we get to them when we can.  But it is not the best way to reach us.  The best way is to email technical-inquiry@arturia.com

@bass
Did you open a ticket?  What was the case number?

@scott murrell
we have told you this in response to your past reports.  We have just released the update and it is available in the App store.

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 02:10:00 pm »
I understand...i submitted two tickets for a problem and received little response, the first decent response i got was from Kevin in the forum, and he confirmed the problem.

I also understand the role of technical support but sometimes users want to check that its not user error, and again Kevins responses and open dialogue have helped way more.

From other sites Ive used generally the technical problems forums are where users bring up problems and if it cant be settled there its advised to open a ticket...otherwise you will have the techs dealing with "where's my library", " my controller has stiff buttons", " cant make a 909 kick"...as mentioned in your own technical support page it recommends

1. Try knowledge base
2. Try forums
3. Open support ticket

This doesnt get away from the fact that arturia software is incredibly buggy...but if you are suggesting i should report every problem to tech support I will, i just need a better response than i got last time (which, as i said, was addressed by Kevin...give him a pay rise :) )
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:24:32 pm by kcearl »

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 12:13:26 am »
---I updated and if anything it made things worse.... :(

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 08:30:30 pm »
Having a customer support staff in the U.S. that is completely by email and offers no phone support is not a successful business model, and time has proven this over and over again.

As a former owner of many Roland and Alesis products over the years, ie; synths, peripherals, recording hardware, etc...  I can tell you that their phone support is stellar compared to what we have/are/are not receiving from Arturia.

We want to use your products, and use them successfully.  In as much as your job is your livelyhood, so is the case with many of us that the purchase of your product directly affects our livelyhood.  Quite frankly, it is turning out that doing business with Arturia is starting to hurt the business, rather than benefit, the business of hard working musicians.

This is what customer service/technical support is all about.  The success of your relationship with us, the consumer, can only go on to benefit Arturia and help it to grow and flourish as you like, by helping us to grow and flourish in the successful use of your product.  This is a proven model, over and over again, as I have 25 years + of customer service experience, and even on a management level.

It would benefit Arturia, and its customer base to treat these inquiries and provide resolution with a sense of urgency, and vigilance.

We await your prompt, concise, and immediate response.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

bass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15:18 am »
sorry to the Technical support team they have responded  to my Request i just overlook their replies  and they have helped me with my  registration thank you .

bacizone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:33 am »
I've sent two support ticket two weeks from my registered account
Zero answer, one of ticket was even closed without any feedback!

The ticket system seems to be pretty old-fashioned - do I manually have to follow links to follow-up my ticket???

Arturia should definitely improve its on-line presence with a new website and support page.

Dav1d

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »
To Bacizone : I just answered your case and, this issue seems more complex then we thought at the first sight.
For the others, I thinks we have answered you.

Please Note that we are trying to answering as quicker as we can.

Thanks for your comprehension  :)

tonea

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 05:14:35 am »
Hello david. What is going on with this company. I have tried 3 times to get a origin keyboard that works and have been totally ignored about this situation. I found major and minor defects in the origin keyboard and was told by sean in customer service then dont by it and he hung up the phone on me. Is this the way this company does business.  Its the first for me and I have been in the music game for 35 wonderful years. I purchased spark and minbrute with no problems. If this this board is a lemon let us know. So I can move on to something else. It has great potential.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:58 pm »
You were able to contact them by phone?

Can you provide the number?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Dav1d

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 06:07:36 pm »
Hi,

Tonea: the problem with this origin is quite complex and we prefer to proceed RMA (Return merchandise) repair it ourseves, it's more safer.

TonyFlyingSquirrel: Please note that we don't provide phone support for US territories by now.

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines