March 28, 2024, 08:45:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: new user  (Read 1931 times)

kcearl

new user
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:08:46 am »
 I just added Spark to my collection, Ive been watching it since it came out but waited to see how the software developed. Now it has the features and kit choices I think warrants its price.
Ive already got NI's maschine, an elektron machinedrum, and an R8 for drum duties, so Spark fills a few gaps in there..
So far the highlights are the controller, which other than some apparently flimsy legs feels solid and is well laid out and featured, the cons are the softwares a little buggy, Ill have to do a bit of troubleshooting, and Im not keen on the older Roland kits, my R8s expansions take care of these...the newer kits sound great and are on par with NI, plus you have so many patterns built in to play around with

Im a sucker for step sequencers, and the ease of dropping in you own samples is great for the workflow...plus a decent mixer and great layering options makes me think this is going to be my go to for a while

anyway, long winded intro...keep up the good work, I look forward to updates..Id only ask for stability over features.. :)

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:31:52 am »
welcome ;)

look carefully on the forums i think i have found a couple of spark "projects" made by users that are essential free kits

kcearl

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:40:28 pm »
hey Steve

Ill have a hunt for them...I have a ton of samples I was wanting to make kits from but I never really liked maschines MPC feel for using them, although it does have a step sequencer its a little clumsy, not to diss maschine, its an excellent tool...I think I just prefer the simplicity of a drum machine compare to a groove box for certain things

hope you got your bricked Spark fixed, seems a few were caught with that...I updated my firmware with beads of sweat on me brow lol

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:27:26 pm »
well yes you can definitely make your own kits and it's a lot of fun, just letting you know that on here there are "spark projects" that when you open it assigns all the pads and fx etc for you...saves some time if you just want to expand your palette  :)

and yes I have gotten it fixed and I am very happy now :)

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
good news ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines