March 19, 2024, 04:01:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB noise  (Read 3478 times)

glitch34

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
USB noise
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:38:07 pm »
When my USB cable is connected, there is a lot of background noise from the master out, which changes from static to resonating to static as I move the master volume knob up (the level does not change much, the shape does) If I unplug the USB cable from the back of the unit, the noise drops to neglectable level.
I tried different cable and port, with no success. the noise is there even if the unit is turned off. It doesn't matter if I go through a sound card or direct to amp, I still get noise.

Does anyone else have the same issue or is my unit faulty?

ricvdb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: USB noise
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:50 pm »
I started to have this same issue tonight.  Not sure that doesn't make it faulty though.  It's a pain in the ass having white noise seeping into recordings nevertheless.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:53:21 am by ricvdb »

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:42:12 am »
Probably some sort of grounding loop issue.  Noise can enter the signal path when devices don't have a consistent ground connection.
Is the USB cable connected to a laptop?  if so, try using it with or without its power adapter, see if that makes a difference.

I'll try it with mine at some point.

francolamuerte

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Reason France
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:17:28 am »
I have Noise also with the USB cable ! So... I Use MIDI connexions !
Amour et Anarchie

citric acid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:04:06 pm »
in this noise case. use a usb isolator. a cheap one on ebay cost round about 30 euro. or try to turn your power transformer 180 ' in your power socket. or try a othe usb hub .

i had the same on a dsi tetra and a Mg minitaur. and with the things above it was solved.

glitch34

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:25:45 am »
I'll try the 180 thing but I don't think it will help. I will definitely confirm if it does. I already tried other USB ports with no luck. It seems to be picking up noise from my PC.
I was already planning to upgrade to an audio interface with midi, I think that ought to solve my problem... thanks a lot.

matias_thinKing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 02:20:53 am »
it's definitely a ground loop problem ... the question is "where?"  I suggest keeping the audio interface unplugged and checking to see if the minibrute still has noise in the headphone and main outs.  if the noise is eliminated, then the issue is with the interface.  if you find that the interface is the cause of the problem, then I'd be willing to bet it's usb powered.  there are ways around this problem, which don't involve spending a small fortune to replace your gear, but you will need a soldering iron!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines