March 19, 2024, 05:33:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Back in business :)  (Read 3331 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Back in business :)
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
Hi guys!

Just got my Origin back from a long repair process. It went broken on October 2012 and one time wasn't enough in France, it had to visit there twice to be well again. These 3,5 months have been long and there were times when I was getting really frustrated. Origin is my major tool in my work, both in studio and on stage. So this was a horrible interruption.

But now it seems to work perfectly! I cannot know how much they did replace with new parts, but I can see that it has to be a LOT. Now when everything seems to be OK, all I wanna say is a big thanks to Arturia for their service. When it was under repair I was hoping to have little more information especially because all this took much more time that was expected...

My Origin is running the newest OS and I already downloaded my presets into it.

...And finaly, there was one thing that shortened my long wait: few weeks ago I bought Origin Keyboard! So now I am double-owner of this great machine like some others here. Idea is to make my Origin setup as easy as possible to use: KB is at my home in permanent setup. Desktop travels with me on gigs and in work at music school. Now I can hopefully minimize moving it here and there. Other thing is that double-ownership gives you a backup if something goes wrong with one of them.

So guys, what we can learn from this story: keep your Origins in good condition! If something gets broken it can be painful process to make it repaired. It's quite certain that not much can be done outside Arturia's repair service. Other thing to wish is that they will keep manufacturing it and this company stays in business. If not, we're scruwed for sure. At least I have done my best to prevent it to happen... ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:23:04 pm by JacksonP »

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: Back in business :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »

Glad to hear you are back to Originating  ;D

This may be a dumb question (for Philippe or other experts) - In the interest of making the Origin live as long as possible, is it better to turn it off when not using it, or to leave it on...?

tertior

Re: Back in business :)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:35:58 pm »
Turn it off  it's ok ,but you can't turn it on 10 times in a day of course. It's not good of stay it alive for capacitors etc..but it's not good too turn it off-on 10 times in a day for the longevity of your Origin.
Ah and protectit of the dust,nicotine etc when you don't play with it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines