March 28, 2024, 06:46:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute silenced  (Read 1963 times)

mkuerschner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute silenced
« on: April 18, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »
I've had my minibrute for a little over a month and two days ago at band practice, I plugged it in and turned it on and there was no sound. Upon further investigation, it was putting out a signal, but the keys just made a short, percussive sound like a digital tap. It still sends midi signal to my computer, but the analog part of isn't working. I have tried other power sources, different outlets, different cables, pretty much everything. I keep it in a case and it rides in the car with us when we travel, never dropped, no physical damage. I'm a little disheartened that my brand new product isn't functioning in under 60 days.

sihaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute silenced
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »
i know it's obvious but you did check the gate switch at the back hasn't shifted in transit didn't you?

mkuerschner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
yeah that was the first thing I checked. Unfortunately, it wasn't that. My latest thought is a bad power strip and possibly a power surge  at a venue we just played at, either way... no fun going from a Minibrute back to an MPK for the time being.

seamonkeyman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:24 am »
I have a similar issue. Mine was fine and just died over night, no movement even, it was just on it's stand. I've got a ticket running with Arturia tech support, if I find an anawer I'll tell you.

My thread on this forum is called '<4wks old & VCA dead', where you'll see the stuff I've tried to ressurect it....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines