March 28, 2024, 10:47:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: third origin keyboard and still problems  (Read 5361 times)

tonea

third origin keyboard and still problems
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:43:20 am »
Arturia has the worst customer support I have ever seen. I have tried 3 times to get a origin that has no issues. 1 damaged in transport. 2 would not play and 3 blue light on back does not come on. I dealt with sean and all he wanted to do is defend the origin no matter what. I wish I did not like the sound so much or I would have been done with them. He told me if it has issues then dont buy it. I just purchased the mini brute and spark and this is the support I got from them still waiting for support on blue light not working.

tertior

Re: third origin keyboard and still problems
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:35 am »
OT : I understand this is frustrating, but fortunately it does not prevent you to play with.
For support Arturia sends the response with the solution and usually do not waste time in communication.
Problem is yours as ours future problems can be, so do not feel alone because here everyone is on deck with you.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:34 am »
Arturia makes great instruments - that's why I use them - but to be honest the build quality of their hardware isn't their best part. I've had two Origin's and both of them have had problems. First one started to have problems with knobs (sending values without touching them) and I had to cancel the whole deal. I then also realized that Origin is very difficult to fix - I don't know if anything can be done outside France which is of course not very practical for us living in all around the world. (Well probably they have some office in USA...)

For example, you have a problem with one knob. Are you willing to send it to France and be prepared to wait for months (I had to wait 3,5 months) and risk for getting more problems with transportation...? I don't wanna sound too negative but this is something we (Origin users) should be aware of. And as said elsewhere, try to keep our instruments in good condition.

tonea

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »
Thanks for your support but I am not trying to hear validation for bad business practices bad design and worst customer support. They did not think this out very well. to accept excuses is to except failure. Great sounding board but cheap internal parts and company underfunded. But you guys seem to be cool.

tonea

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:05:39 pm »
Its a shame to because this thing sounds great but for how long. Expensive tech but cheap components equals reliability issues down the road.

tonea

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:10:25 pm »
In business its called quality control this company has none. This thing came out in 2008 its 2013 I feel sorry for the people that purchased it then. I am sure its been a nightmare.  It has been for me.

tonea

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 12:29:25 am »
Sorry fellas for ranting. But this is  the first time I have had this kind of problem with a synth. And I have over 20 of them from all manufacturers. You guys seem to be telling me that I may have purchased a future $3000 paper weight.

tonea

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:07 am »
This is my last rant. But you origin users instead of excepting this inferior product should boycot this forum and shut it down. Until they learn how to treat a customer who just spent 3 grand. This not a $99 dollar soft synth. It is a great achievment that has to be supported with a great achiement commitment and I dont see that. I see a great idea thats turned into a unstable product thats turned into a complete mess. Thank you for your time and have a blessed day. I am leaving the forum.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines