March 29, 2024, 12:26:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recording in Cubase 6 LE AI Elements  (Read 8027 times)

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Recording in Cubase 6 LE AI Elements
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
I have now read the same "disable spark private ports" explanation about 200 times and it has become painfully obvious that the people offering that solution are not at all familiar with Cubase 6 LE AI Element, which, unfortunately, most people who are using SparkLE to play are attempting to record with. Simply stated; that is not an option in LE 6.

Disable the "view" option in devices for SparkLE. Open the VST instrument. If it doesnt connect; close Cubase, open SparkLE standalone, close it, open cubase, lather, rinse, repeat. Sadly, what works once does not work twice and NEVER works right.

Do not bother trying the "Group sends" method unless you want your Spark audio to also record everything else. Don't bother trying to send to Group and then use Group as input for audio, that is also not an option in LE 6. Don't listen to the moorons that tell you you need to set up SparkLE as a midi controller before recording, they are clueless. The controller does work flawlessly (when you can get it to connect within Cubase) and even the Host function is perfect. Your Spark beat will start with the song. You can modify the beats. All board functions work within Cubase.

I have spent the last two weeks trying to find a way to use SparkLE as a production tool. This will be my final try. I no longer expect to find a solution. Then I will return and get a refund of my money and never consider Arturia as a tool for the middle classes again. Yes, your high end tools are fantastic, but this product does not deliver as promised.

It just simply will not record...no matter what you do. I even tried sending the output to my Komplete, to my Venom, routing and rerouting to no avail. It plays within Cubase, audio connection is clearly indicated by lights and controlled by the channel strip, but it does not and will not record.

I did not buy the SparkLE to add to my workload. It is supposed to be a tool to aid my creativity and production. It is a fail. I will not bow to exporting midi and audio from the SparkLE and importing and rearranging within Cubase. I'd rather use Fruity Loops for such mundane actions. Truth be told; I'd rather smash my fingers repeatedly with a 5 lb sledge hammer.

The SparkLE, as both VST instrument and controller, should lighten the load.....NOT ADD TO IT! That is why I bought it.

So....anyone know how to Record the SparkLE in Cubase 6 LE AI Elements?

Anyone?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Recording in Cubase 6 LE AI Elements
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:06 am »
Hi,
I am sorry that your experience with SparkLE has been so frustrating.
I will try to help you if you are still open to try to find a solution.

What do you want to record exactly, audio or MIDI?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »
Thank you. Yes, I would still love to find a solution. I did also open a Tech Support ticket (128683) and hope that between here and there a way to record will be found.

I really need to record the audio. I have been able to assign the SparkLE as a midi controller and even use it to control other VST instruments within Cubase.

I use ASIO4ALL (which has always been my best option with a home PC) and have tried the Cubase low latency ASIO. No audio buses show in either. I have tried sending audio to both my M-Audio audio interface built into the Venom and to the NI Komplete 6 to create a bus which I could route back to a second audio channel and again, even though the audio registers, it does not record.

Short of replacing my sound card with another that employs multiple in and out ports and then assigning the Spark to and out and wiring it directly to an in, I can think of no way to make this happen.

I do love what the SparkLE is capable of, so finding a way to use it in production would be great.

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:18:37 pm »
I should make this point as well: I was having some issues with my Komplete 6 (it bricked on me) and returned it for an exchange. The new unit may respond differently, or it may respond the same. Sending audio from the VST Spark registers no audio in either the Venom (which has a limited A/I) nor did it in Komplete. I will find out soon if that is still the case with the new unit.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:53 am »
Hi,
did you follow the instructions of this tutorial?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:41 pm »
Thank you, and your tech support who provided the same answer, for your assistance in this matter. However, the version of Cubase used in that example is obviously not LE.

I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I am using the LE version of Cubase which offers none of those options.

I suggest that Arturia change the wording of their advertising in such a way that users of the the LE version of Cubase will reconsider the purchase of this product as it certainly does not work with Cubase LE 6.

Perhaps this is reason enough for me to buy the full version?

Maybe after I win the lottery.

I do thank you for trying.

vaikl

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:11 pm »
I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I am using the LE version of Cubase which offers none of those options.

If you're really using Cubase 6 LE and not Cubase 6 AI (which is the Yamaha-hardware-powered version), then check your manual for the difference between VST instrument tracks and VST instrument channels, because in 6 LE you can only use the instrument track method to record VSTi's like Spark/SparkLE.

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 09:28:28 pm »
Yes, LE 6. No VSTi channel. No option to create inputs from Group channels.

This is obviously an issue with my choice of DAW. It really is very limited in some ways so, with those limitations in mind, I am seriously considering upgrading as I expect more troubles regardless of the instrument I decide to use.

Sigh....no groceries for a while I guess.

jgreff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:52 am »
Hate to admit this; but I've given up on the SparkLE. Already arranged for a return. I don't say this to put down Arturia because at this point I am certain the problem lay in my computers soundcard and nowhere else.

I say that because I have had the same results in Reaper and Ableton Live. I would add Reason to that list except I can barely run Reason at all, so that doesn't really count.

I am now in the market for a hardware or hardware/hybrid drum machine that I can run through the audio of my Komplete since my PC soundcard is so lame (Realtek HD...yes, I know...what did I expect, right?).

So, thank you all for your help and good luck in your own ventures and "Kudos" to Arturia for the help they provided and for building such an amazing instrument...even if I can't use it.

James

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines