March 19, 2024, 02:47:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 1.7 update  (Read 6394 times)

kcearl

Spark 1.7 update
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »
 Just wanted to thank the development team on a great update

I love the p-lock style automation, coming from elektron gear this really makes for interesting beats...

I think the browser is a vast improvement...especially for the factory kits/samples, much more control from the hardware

Note to users, to scroll through the "proj, inst, sample" tabs first hold the jogwheel down for a second before turning it

For myself id like one feature I mentioned during the beta and thats the naming of samples in user kits other than "new project" otherwise its pretty solid

For some reason it seems more stable than 1.6 too...i dont get the odd reboot required when dragging and dropping samples...think i spotted a minor bug, not sure but ill send it in a tech report

Couple of nice new kits too...out of all my gear this is def a fave at the moment, keep up the good work  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:08:09 pm by kcearl »

cires78@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 1.7 update
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »
Is there a document that lists "What's new"? It's probably somewhere obvious but I can't find it.  ???
thanks
Eric

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »
kcearl in naming new projects /kits (new project) you can change the name to anything you like for each instrument so you can build a library that doesnt have the same names ie new project see screenshot .this will change each instrument to what you want to call it.
i hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:12 am »
Is there a document that lists "What's new"? It's probably somewhere obvious but I can't find it.  ???
thanks
Eric

Try it here: http://www.arturia.net/downloads/spark/manual/sparkreleasenote_1.7-2.pdf

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:32:45 am »
kcearl in naming new projects /kits (new project) you can change the name to anything you like for each instrument so you can build a library that doesnt have the same names ie new project see screenshot .this will change each instrument to what you want to call it.
i hope this helps

I have just had a word with the Queen and you should expect an O.B.E. in the new years honour lists for you contribution towards Spark

nice one Terry, I wish someone had pointed this out ages ago :)

mixalis

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:48:16 am »
i love the new update too...but i dont understand why cubase 5 is not supported anymore..
i am disappointed with that. Since it was supported from the first place..why take it out later??can anyone answer?

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »
i love the new update too...but i dont understand why cubase 5 is not supported anymore..
i am disappointed with that. Since it was supported from the first place..why take it out later??can anyone answer?

I hear what youre saying, but to be fair it used to support XP and Vista amongst others...that was two years ago...if they supported every OS and DAW point update since Spark started Im not sure theyd have any support staff left to deal with "minilab keys not connecting",  "SparkLE controller causing blackouts", and " SEM V ate my budgie" ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:19:35 pm by kcearl »

dancetech

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »
but none of the bugs/ommissions (like song-position pointers, export patterns on wrong note numbers etc) have been fixed?  i dont see any mention of that in the pr.

are they done?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
i hope this helps

I have just had a word with the Queen and you should expect an O.B.E. in the new years honour lists for you contribution towards Spark

nice one Terry, I wish someone had pointed this out ages ago :)

thanks ,maybe you should  send a letter to the queen/king of arturia maybe they will give me something

thanks again
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Sparkem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:56 am »
This update crashes Cubase 7 32bit, started a thread in the forum about it.

currentmusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »
my hat's off to Arturia for this fantastic update  :D

Robert.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »
I barely started using the new updated Vintage Drum Machine software: Thank you Arturia!  :)  Using Cubase LE4; haven't noticed any problems yet.  :)

at0m1c

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 11:38:22 pm »
I saw that update 1.7 was available so I asked the question, what version am I running? I looked for the version number in the software but was unable to find it. Is it there and I'm just not seeing it? How can I find out what the current version running is? A search of the forum didn't yield anything. CD label didn't have it.

Tks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:48:00 pm by at0m1c »
Euskadi Ta Askatasuna

Patrick Dee

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 10:17:41 am »
Click on the Spark logo under the display and you will find the information  ;D
Spark 1.5, Arturia V Collection, Asus P5 Q Pro Deluxe, Quadcore 4X 2,83 GHZ, Windows 7 64, bit , 4 GB Ram, 2 * 500gb Western Digital, Cubase 7 32 and 64bit, Ableton 8, NI Maschine, Akai MPC Renaissance, Akai MPD 32, Maschine Mikro, Fireface RME 800, TC Electronic Powervcore Firewir, UAD 1ex

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines