March 28, 2024, 07:26:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 8ve up button intermittent  (Read 1875 times)

sihaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
8ve up button intermittent
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:51:28 am »
hi all,

anyone else seen this behaviour? i think my brute is developing a glitch :-( down works every press, up is pretty hit and miss...

si

kingjdub1978

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 8ve up button intermittent
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:06:20 pm »
Yes!  My Octave buttons (both up and down) have similar hit and miss behavior too. 

It seems they are much more responsive and reliable when pressing the "inside" edge of the buttons.  The further out on the buttons I push, the less responsive they become. (Even the very center of the button does not work sometimes)

I've just learned over time to always press the inside edge of the octave buttons and give it a decent 'press' rather than a 'tap'

I don't think they are faulty, I think the buttons are just too long with too much play.  Once I learned the behavior of them, they've never failed and always work when I press them as described above.  it was a bit annoying for sure though when I first got the instrument and was always pressing the 'middle' of the button and it not working.

design flaw!

sihaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »
okay - i'll try that, though it seems odd that 8ve down works every time even though i'm touching it the same. tech support want me to open up the machine and check the cables....

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:46:34 am »
i've had mine for 6 months and they still work great

sihaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »
yeah, my down one is fine steve, just a bit iffy on the up! check out the vid and you'll see what i mean...

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »
I'd definitely check the cable, if you haven't already.  if it's only partially seated in the connector, it could cause some parts to work, while others are erratic.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines