March 28, 2024, 12:48:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio in question:  (Read 1754 times)

thecyantist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Audio in question:
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:23 am »

I am trying to use the Audio in function of the Minibrute and I am wondering some specifics on it.

I took and out from another analog synth I have and it worked great using it as a 2nd oscillator.  But what I wanted to do next is run a line out from my sound card using a digital VST to audio in on the mini brute.  I ran the line out, to the input of the brute but nothing comes through :(.  I took that same line out and plugged it into a guitar amp and it worked just fine.

So, I am wondering, is it necessary that the line out be amplified in order to be run through the line in of the brute?  I cannot come up with any other reason it would not be working.

Thank you for any help.

tertior

Re: Audio in question:
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22:02 am »
yes the signal must be amplified;  look the other post for "audio in" on the forum MB

Thunderroad75

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »
I have had my Roland Fantom X going straight into my Minibrute with no signal problems. Saying that I use TRS cables all the time and I have to have the Fantom X at full volume.

matias_thinKing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
are you sure you are driving a line level signal?  it doesn't get hotter than line level, so you may be outputting a mic level signal or a -10dBv consumer-grade signal.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines