March 29, 2024, 10:28:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark & Ableton Live: Recording automations and playing them back  (Read 1374 times)

rutgeranton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey there,

I just received my Spark controller yesterday. So today i started messing around in live with it for the first time and I ran into some problems.
I recorded a set of patterns while tweaking the knobs, rotaries and mute buttons. When I was finished I saw all the corresponding automations in Live's sequencer. But when I wanted to play it back I didn't get the result I was hoping for.

Some FX stayed on while they shouldn't, the mute buttons didn't go on/off properly and it didn't remember the pattern switches. Now I can imagine that it wasn't designed to be so complex but it would be awesome if it did worked seeing it did record all the automations.

My question basically is what the ideal way is to set up your controller/live's midi settings. And if it's possible to play back what you have recorded.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark & Ableton Live: Recording automations and playing them back
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:41 am »
Hi,
What Fxs were not well recorded?
Concerning the mute/solo record. We will do some tests on our side to check what could be wrong.
For the pattern switch, this is something that will be implemented in the upcoming 1.7 version.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

rutgeranton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark & Ableton Live: Recording automations and playing them back
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:06:06 pm »
Hey,

Well most of the fx were proper recorded, such as filter sweeps but the slicer and roller didnt respond that well.
But I dont have the spark anymore, the fx pad turned out to be busted so i had it returned and will receive my money back in the next few days.
It didnt respond well. Sometimes i would press it for lets say the slicer or roller and it didnt do anything, you could also see on the visual display on the vst that it wasnt capturing any movement. Im thinking about getting a new one somewhere else or add some extra money and buy a 2nd hand machinedrum, not sure yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines