March 28, 2024, 07:50:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin won't boot  (Read 40986 times)

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin won't boot
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 02:00:05 am »
and another week....

tertior

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 12:25:32 pm »
Erf... test your transformer and see if you have 6.5 V ; if you know somebody who's has the same, test with it.
It's very difficult to procure it and only Arturia has it or do you make one.
I know it could be stupid what saying but not very very stupid.

PS: phone at Arturia

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 01:21:12 pm »
I have tested that there is voltage, don't have the skill to test if it is providing enough amperage.

I preformed tech note 2 at their request and it didn't fix my Origin.

I have called, get voice mail every time and regrettably I don't speak French.

They chose to deal with me through email, asked for my address and serial number which I sent the same day and every week since, and I have heard nothing from them since 6/26.

Obviously, they don't expect their instruments to be used in professional environments.

Dav1d

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »
Ok, I've sent you an email

If this is ok, we will send you all the necessary on friday

:)

mmp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 12:49:15 am »
Thank you very much!

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 04:48:56 am »
My Origin won't boot and there is no activity on the display(lit or unlit).

Just locked up with a number of LEDs lit.

I opened a support case in May, but haven't heard a peep from support since May 22cd.

Anyone had this happen?  Is there any "secret" set of keys to force a reset?

TIA.

Regards,

MM

Mine is doing the exact same thing........Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent tech support an email today Sunday I hope to hear back early next week......Good luck on getting yours back up and running.....very sad right now

Dav1d

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 10:31:49 am »
NeedSpeed: I'm not able to track your ticket, do you have a number?
Thanks
 :)

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 11:47:06 pm »
I was unable to register my Origin online but it looks like it is now registered and my support ticket is: 137374_VSIGUAFG

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 11:44:34 pm »
Another day goes by.......Please get back to me.......Steve

tonea

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 06:19:18 am »
Man i feel you. Nothing but problems. Got my 4th origin and it worked fine for a month and then no sound and then lockup then it works ok . Major pain. I waited four years to buy this thing. It seems that when you modify sounds it starts getting confused. Add a compressor instead of that crappy sounding reverb and it seems to get bugged out. Major lemon.

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 11:48:01 pm »
Man i feel you. Nothing but problems. Got my 4th origin and it worked fine for a month and then no sound and then lockup then it works ok . Major pain. I waited four years to buy this thing. It seems that when you modify sounds it starts getting confused. Add a compressor instead of that crappy sounding reverb and it seems to get bugged out. Major lemon.

Sorry to hear of your issues.......Mine worked for over a year with no issues at all.......Then BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody home at Arturia?????????????????????????

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:35 am »
Hi guys,

These problems are horrible and Arturia seem to respond way too slowly...

I have spent few years with this instrument. First with desktop and now both desktop and keyboard. And I have had quite a lot of issues too. But I must say I got good service from Arturia and that's why I am still very happy with Origin in general. Only thing which really bothers me at the moment is the erratic behavior of the big knob; my Origin KB is just few months old and this knob seem to have more and more problems (it jumps here and there especially if you move it fast).

Other thing I am worried, and I am hopefully wrong, is that Origin is already or becoming discontinued product. If so, then there's very little development to wait from Arturia. We've already seen that this development has been getting slower and slower; Arturia has obviously put their resources elsewhere. It's sad, because there's still so much potential left to be realized. One thing I still really hope they will fix ASAP: Origin KB's midi functionality (read my other thread). If you have spent 2500euros or more to this instrument, I think you're expected to have a keyboard which can send and respond to MIDI without problems. 100-200euros price level instruments can do that without issues. In one word, if you sell a MIDI instrument with all those ins/outs/thrus, your customers have right to expect that these work, right?

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 10:50:38 pm »
Hi guys,

These problems are horrible and Arturia seem to respond way too slowly...

I have spent few years with this instrument. First with desktop and now both desktop and keyboard. And I have had quite a lot of issues too. But I must say I got good service from Arturia and that's why I am still very happy with Origin in general. Only thing which really bothers me at the moment is the erratic behavior of the big knob; my Origin KB is just few months old and this knob seem to have more and more problems (it jumps here and there especially if you move it fast).

Other thing I am worried, and I am hopefully wrong, is that Origin is already or becoming discontinued product. If so, then there's very little development to wait from Arturia. We've already seen that this development has been getting slower and slower; Arturia has obviously put their resources elsewhere. It's sad, because there's still so much potential left to be realized. One thing I still really hope they will fix ASAP: Origin KB's midi functionality (read my other thread). If you have spent 2500euros or more to this instrument, I think you're expected to have a keyboard which can send and respond to MIDI without problems. 100-200euros price level instruments can do that without issues. In one word, if you sell a MIDI instrument with all those ins/outs/thrus, your customers have right to expect that these work, right?

I am glad that you had good service.  I am very concerned that I have a paperweight at this point.......Steve

needspeed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 04:32:39 am »
Anyone listening out there I need a new power supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tertior

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 09:34:25 am »
See with Rebecca if you are in states by contact (http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/company/contact2.html) and subject Sales.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines