March 29, 2024, 02:31:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: how to program a "ramp-up" ? (wanting pitch to quickly glide up to the note)  (Read 6605 times)

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi

I am a newbie to the origin....i am trying to make a "modular synth" where i tried using an envelope to modulate the pitch of an oscillator, so that the pitch quickly glides from a semitone or so below up to the played note.

But when using an envelope i can only modulate make the pitch of the oscillator *above* the played note  ??? and  even if i could reverse the polarity of the envelope, this wouldnt do it.

What I need (in my mind...) is a "ramp" function/modulator.-...any suggestions as to how I can achieve this?

Also: the output volume of my origin (1.4.0) is pitifully LOW....any idea if anything  can be done with that?

regards
Håkon

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Hi Hakon,

But when using an envelope i can only modulate make the pitch of the oscillator *above* the played note  ??? and  even if i could reverse the polarity of the envelope, this wouldnt do it.

But why not? That's exactly how I do it - just make sure, in the Oscillator module:

- that the knob to the right of the FM input that the envelope is modulating says "B" (bipolar)
- that this knob is set to the left of center (negative polarity)
- that the envelope attack is zero or close to zero
- that the envelope sustain is at zero, and the decay and release are set to the length of the glide you want
- I would also set the envelope Slopes of the Decay and Release stages to "3 o'clock" (pointing to the right), to get a somewhat exponential slope which I think is desirable in this case

I posted a multi in this thread:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12255.0

And the program called "Dervish Lea22" does this kind of thing. I think in this program I even have one of the encoder knobs controlling the "depth" of the up-glide (using the CV Modulator).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:01:38 pm by hermitnerd »

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ah..... :-) you are right, that would work! I was hell bent on doing the glide part with the ATTACK portion of the envelope, which made a mess of the pitch after the attack phase was finished.

Thanks! :-)

reragds
Håkon

PS: that link you posted gets me nowhere though:

"Sorry! We can't find that sound.

Did you try to access a private sound, but were not logged in?
Maybe the sound has been removed."

tertior

[size=0.85em][/color]
download the file who's attached with the link; he's excellent.[/t][/size](
DervishD.ogs )[/size][size=0.85em]
[/size][/color][/size][/font]

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines