March 28, 2024, 09:39:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: playing chords with minilab pads  (Read 6641 times)

rchrdk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
playing chords with minilab pads
« on: June 18, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »
this feature works fine in standalone mode - but when using the minilab as a vst in ableton 9 the pads only output single notes (from c1) no matter what chord I assign to them.
anyone else experienced this? does the chord mode only work in standalone mode?
thanks
r

rickyfav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: playing chords with minilab pads
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:40:06 pm »
I've experienced this too, when using the plugin in Cubase 6.  I think the issue is that the chord pads are triggered on midi channel 10 and that the host is rerouting this input to channel 1/global. So basically you end up hearing the triggers rather than the chords...

The workaround using Cubase is to setup the plugin in a "vst instruments" slot (rather than an instrument track) and route a midi track set to channel "any" to the plugin . I guess you could also route channels 1 & 10 on separate tracks too.

Im afraid I don't use Ableton, but its probably possible to check for something similar going on (midi routing/midi being rechanneled on input)

rchrdk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 01:56:47 am »
thanks, i will try that. midi channels are a bit of a new world for me but time to dive in I guess!

gronmeuzik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
In Ableton you have to setup another midi track with the midi output being sent it to Analog Lab on ch.10
Works that way.  Check the pic.

ytdub

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 07:35:40 pm »
there is no picture. I am having trouble figuring out how to switch to channel 10 in ableton

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines