March 28, 2024, 05:20:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI program changes?  (Read 24937 times)

reddog

MIDI program changes?
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:14:13 am »
In theory it seems that Analog Lab in Live mode is able accept MIDI program change data from within a DAW (according to the manual).

I've tried to do this without any success so far (I run Analog Lab within Logic Pro 9.1.8).  I've also tried to send Program change messages via my MIDI keyboard controller without success.

I have been able to assign MIDI CCs to all the knobs.  I've also activated all the instruments (except those which require to be updated).  I've also tried changing to MIDI channel 1 from All to see if that would make a difference.

Perhaps I'm missing something.  Is there anyone out there who had been able to successfully use MIDI program changes? Or does it require Arturia hardware (I only have the software)?

Adrien

Re: MIDI program changes?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
There is no program change by MIDI

BUT, with the arturia keyboards you can browse preset from the controller.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

reddog

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:55:32 am »
Thanks Adrien, although it does say in the manual "Analog Lab allows you to assign a series of Sounds and/or Multis to particular MIDI program change numbers so a MIDI controller keyboard or a host application such as a DAW can select them easily."

I took this to mean that any MIDI controller keyboard or DAW could send program change messages to Analog Lab and have them recognised by Analog Lab.  I guess my comprehension of the English language is not as good as I thought it was.

rickyfav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:44:51 am »

not midi program change exactly, but you should be able to go up and down the live mode list using the preset inc./preset dec. functions mapped to your controller. (if that helps and you have buttons you can map to midi CC/switch operation)

Preset Dec : CC 20
Preset Inc : CC 21

MIDI channel 1

Adrien

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »
This is a good point indeed, that is basically what do our controllers I think

see /Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/controler xml files for info, I guess that you should understand what id does.
If you really want you could even do a mapping of your own ....  ;)

Also, the reason we only have inc and dec, is that it is impossible to map the audio library well enough to program change, sadly these functions are too limited functions.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

reddog

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 04:43:29 am »
I've actually tried the preset inc and preset dec within Logic Pro's automation track.  They're listed among the automation parameters, but I couldn't get them to work.

Are CC 20 and CC21 default controllers for preset inc and preset dec?  If they are, I've unfortunately already assigned them to other knobs.

Adrien, do you have any more information about how would you go about mapping your own CCs to preset inc and preset dec?

scoottie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:17 pm »
I also find this very disturbing. I bought analog lab specifically for Program Change support. It specifically says it supports Program Changes to change patches in its advertising and multiple times in the manual.
I contacted support directly and a level 2 helpdesk tech basically said, its not supported. wait and see if it will be someday. I feel ripped off.

Program Changes work just fine with prophet V.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:04:00 pm by scoottie »

mattsterp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:18 am »
Dont waste your time just buy something else.  Arturia will never learn.

Adrien

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:32 pm »
Hi

This feature is planned for 1.1 I think, it should have been in the first version but seems to have been postponed.
This version will come this year (2013)

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

drogson

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :)     Why is it Impossible CHANGE "MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE" in the analog lab (also in analog laboratory. Hardware I own and laboratory 49 keyboards. Possible only 10 programs change (program a) for live performance. Why you just can not change the program PRG-MSB-LSB such as the mini Mg v. There is a possible change prg-LSB-MSB that would be a great help to the studio and for live concerts

Adrien

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 08:20:37 pm »
Hi

we will do something for this don t worry, in 1.1, using the Live panel.

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

scoottie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 05:10:52 am »
The long awaited 1.1 has arrived and Program Changes still do not work in the Live tab.
So disappointed.

scoottie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »
-Bump-
Any updates? MIDI Program Change support for Ableton Live?

what5150

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 11:11:01 pm »
I've been asking the same thing to support and all I got was a message saying they didn't understand my question. I believe we have been taken for a ride. I thought it didn't work in the demo since this
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=105
tells you how to do it, I went ahead and purchased. Suckered.....

scoottie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 11:44:57 pm »
It works great with some of their products such as prophet V... and the Analog Lab manual specifically spells it out as well.
I bought the product specifically for the Program Change feature. That's it...
Feel lied to... especially since a Mod promised, over a year ago, it would be addressed in 1.1 on this very thread. Money wasted. Very disappointed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines