March 19, 2024, 05:15:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New SparkLE can't connect after a day's use  (Read 14782 times)

rad10act1v

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New SparkLE can't connect after a day's use
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:58 pm »
My spark fails to connect regularly until I unplug it and plug it back it in with the spark software open. Once I've reconnected, I rerun the sync and it works.

russkull

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 08:30:30 am »
Hi russkull,
apart thins problem is Spark software correctly working?
Are you able to switch between project for instance?
Can you send me a screenshot of Spark Audio/MIDI Settings window?

Kevin
Hi Kevin, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been out of town. 

The Spark software appears to be working fine on its own.  I can save projects and switch between them, the hardware just won't connect.

I've attached the screenshot you requested.  I'll attach the Preferences screen shot in another message.

russkull

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:36 am »
Kevin, here are the Preferences as well.

flidget

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »
I had this same problem back in Jan 2013 and was told that there was no native support for microsoft x64 operating systems. Also, the microsoft driver was a generic USB device driver, not specific to the spark. Consequently, I returned my spark hardware because no native Win7x64 driver was not acceptable and the generic driver would work once after installation then never again, reporting a connection error.

Can spark confirm that there is a win7x64 and OS X x64 driver available for this hardware. Please don't talk about DAW support, this question is about native device driver support and specifically the lost connection error. If you can confirm this issue is fixed then I'm interested again, but from this thread it looks like you haven't got it sorted out yet.

Last info I had back in Jan 2013:
---snip---
Mac OS: VST 2 (32/64 bits), Audio Unit (32/64 bits), RTAS (32 bits), standalone (32/64 bits).
Windows: VST 2 (32/64 bits), RTAS (32 bits), standalone (32 bits).
We do not provide the 64 bit windows standalone because we do not think it is necessary.
---snip---
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:27:06 pm by flidget »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:16 am »
@russkull: I will contact you in PM to try to fix the problem.
@flidget: Spark and SparkLE use the OS generic MIDI driver on both Mac and Windows. These drivers are working in 64 bit. The fact that we do not provide a x64 version of the standalone software has nothing to do with the driver.

The connection error is most of the time a combination of 2 problems:
- the windows generic driver is not multi client, so you have to make sure no other MIDI application has opened the device before Spark software tries to connect.
- Spark application is not able to connect to the controller if the audio sound card is not well configured (i.e Spark does not make sounds)

Kevin

Kevin
Soft Arturia

russkull

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »
To close out this thread...Kevin from Arturia had the idea to check my drivers.  So I compared the drivers from the computer that could run the SparkLE to my other computer and found that one driver, USBAUDIO.sys, was missing.  (Apparently Windows 7 Pro doesn’t automatically come with that file?)

At any rate, I copied over the file, restarted, and then pointed the system to the driver file again...and the SparkLE connected right away.  Later I will attach the file here just in case anyone else has that problem, since I couldn't find it elsewhere online.

It is obvious from this forum that Kevin is very involved, but I really appreciated his quick replies and the way he stayed on this problem.

russkull

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
Here's the USBAUDIO.sys file if you need it.   :)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 01:34:16 am »
Well how about this:  Let's just FIX this problem.  I just updated to 1.7.1 and I had to switch my audio outs...again...to get the standalone to work.  Serious workflow issue!
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Ben S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:50 am »
Hi,

I got my sparkLE through the post 2 days ago.  I installed the software, opened it, plugged the controller in, and as with quite a few other people on these forums i found that the controller is just not working.  Only the Spark Mode light is on.  No drum sounds being triggered, no pads responding, nothing.  Software works fine, controller doesn't.  The software searches for the controller and just can't find the controller.

Am running on a macbook pro osx 10.7, 4gb ram. 

I've tried selecting Spark as an Output, but the controller just isn't getting recognised. 

Nothing wrong with my UBS ports, my midi keyboard connects fine.  Never had any probs running logic or any muftware plugins on my laptop, so I don't see why there should be a problem unless my brand new sparkLE is just a dud.

Filled in a technical request form twice in the last 48 hours, and nothing back. Really poor customer service tbh.

Have i overlooked something in my computer settings so that my computer recognises the controller?

Any help would be really appreciated...jut waited best part of a month for this to arrive and get thru customs, and am very diappointed!

cheers
ben

Jace

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »
Here's the USBAUDIO.sys file if you need it.   :)

I have the same Problems with hardware not connecting,
How do I/where do I put this file USBAUDIO.sys file ?

Thanks

justmerritt

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 03:00:24 am »
I would also like to know where to put this missing driver file... Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines