March 28, 2024, 04:13:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transport controls  (Read 1925 times)

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
Transport controls
« on: July 13, 2013, 07:06:00 am »
apologies for the spitfire... but:

while using as a plugin  (HOST/TEMPO = on)

STOP then PLAY does not seem to re-trigger the pattern from the start - it just resumes wherever SparkLE sees the host application's tempo/time signature is at.

really need it to STOP.. then PLAY the pattern (from the start) when I send the command.

right now it behaves the same as PAUSE then PLAY.

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Transport controls
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »
Hey NoCore,

Could you tell me what DAW you are using?

Cheers,

Toby

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »
Ableton Live 8.4.1 (for now...)

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:46 am »
I will look into this today.

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:32:57 am »
Hi noCore,

I guess this is the expected behavior, Spark will sync its sequence with the host if you have host activated.
If you want it to stop then play instantly when you send the command, you don't need the host button activated. You'll have to send your command right on the beat if you still want it to be synced up.
One technique that works fine for that is to assign a midi note to the play button, and have an ableton clip on your spark track that plays this note exactly at the moment where you want to start the Spark sequence.

But yeah, the Host function will make it so that Spark plays in time with the host.

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »
OK.. makes sense - I think I wrote this before learning about sending stop/start commands via MIDI - so in theory, that should do the trick. I'll test it out...

The only remaining issue that I can forsee then, if deactivating host mode - is that if I still want to manually stop/start the Spark (say, while jamming along with an Ableton Live session), there's no quantization, so getting the Spark to manually trigger right on time with whatever else is going on is not an easy task (without getting some offset/flam/whatever)... 

would it be a good idea/possible to introduce a quantization option - when host mode is deactivated?
 - so that manually starting the Spark could be still be guaranteed to at least start in time with the host software

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines